Wedding Reception Forum

XP - Catholic Saturday morning wedding

PeytontheriotPeytontheriot member
First Comment
edited January 2016 in Wedding Reception Forum
My fiancé and I must have our wedding on a Saturday in order to work around his spring and summer semesters. I envisioned a morning ceremony around 11 AM followed by a 3 hour brunch reception about 15 min away. He thinks it should begin at 1 PM as he thinks 11 is too early and would rush everyone. I think it would be nice to end earlier so our guests still have their evenings.

Any advice or suggestions? Would one work significantly better?

Re: XP - Catholic Saturday morning wedding

• I think 11 am followed immediately by brunch is great. I wouldn't go any earlier, but there really isn't that big of a difference between 11 and 1. 

Do most of your friends and family like a lie in on a Saturday morning? an 11 ceremony with a 12 reception also feels much more like brunch to me rather than a 1 ceremony and a 2 brunch, but I love breakfast food and would eat it at any time of day :)

• My fiancé and I must have our wedding on a Saturday in order to work around his spring and summer semesters. I envisioned a morning ceremony around 11 AM followed by a 3 hour brunch reception about 15 min away. He thinks it should begin at 1 PM as he thinks 11 is too early and would rush everyone. I think it would be nice to end earlier so our guests still have their evenings. Any advice or suggestions? Would one work significantly better?
    The only problem I see is if you expect people like your bridesmaids and mother to be with you at a salon at 6am to get their hair done.  That was the big complaint of the last 11am wedding I went to.  But if you tell the bridal party and family to meet you at the venue at 10am for a few pictures and hugs and to get into their ready locations, that would be fine.
  • For brunch, I would do 11. Even if you don't have a full mass, your ceremony is going to last more than 30 minutes. Starting lunch at 2:00 doesn't make sense. 

If you go with 1:00, I would serve lunch. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    This was the menu for my daughter's wedding brunch reception:

carved roast beef w/horseradish
    bacon and sausages
    hashbrown potatoes
    eggs benedict
    scrambled eggs
    salmon
    asparagus w/hollandaise
    danishes and pastries
    bagels and cream cheese
    fresh fruits

The men really liked the bacon and sausage.  For additional money, I could have added a carved ham.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards