Plus-Sized

Kind of just a vent and in need of support!

Tried venting to my Lovely fiancé but wasn't that easy so felt this would be better! My wedding is in less than 2 months and I am starting to feel the weight loss stress! I joined WW about 3 years ago and went from about a size 16-18 to a solid 12 and was at such a good place. I felt so good about myself, felt great in everything I wore and was so confident. Since I got engaged, I left WW because it was an added expense and felt I had plateaued and needed a change, which obviously was not a good decision. Also, since then I bought my dress (I bought a size 14) I have gained some weight back and just am not in a good place. My dress is a corset so I am not worried about it not fitting, I am just worried about feeling my best. My arms feel huge and my face is getting too round! The holidays are obviously not helping either and I just don't know what to do. I just need to find a way to get my confidence up and feel better. I know once holidays are over and I can eat cleaner and get to gym I'll at least feel better ( even if I don't lose a lot, if I feel better I'll be happier)
Sorry, not really asking for anything just needed to vent and wasn't sure who else to vent about this to!
Thanks for listening/reading lol

Re: Kind of just a vent and in need of support!

• When you have the dress on, have your hair and makeup done, and all your accessories, you're going to look and feel so good.  I promise.

In the meantime though, start eating clean.  Don't wait for the holidays to be over.  There will ALWAYS be some excuse.  Allow yourself treats in moderation.  Ask yourself "am I really hungry" when reaching for something to snack on. Drink lots of water.  Exercise, even if it's only a walk around the neighborhood after dinner or a workout from the tv.  When you get back to the gym, use the weight machines - I found that will tone you up more and make things fit better even when the scale is not moving.

And always remember, your FI loves you the way you are - he wouldn't be marrying you otherwise!
  • Don't beat yourself up about it. Just do the best you can trying to eat healthy and know that you will be beautiful on your wedding day!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I agree with Joan!  Start now!  The holidays don't need to be over for you to eat clean and get back into the habit. 
  • Thanks ladies!! I did a huge food shopping and stocked the house with healthy options and committed to getting to the gym every day, even if it is just for a quick walk on the treadmill, I will get some exercise in!
  • JCocco219 said:
    Tried venting to my Lovely fiancé but wasn't that easy so felt this would be better! My wedding is in less than 2 months and I am starting to feel the weight loss stress! I joined WW about 3 years ago and went from about a size 16-18 to a solid 12 and was at such a good place. I felt so good about myself, felt great in everything I wore and was so confident. Since I got engaged, I left WW because it was an added expense and felt I had plateaued and needed a change, which obviously was not a good decision. Also, since then I bought my dress (I bought a size 14) I have gained some weight back and just am not in a good place. My dress is a corset so I am not worried about it not fitting, I am just worried about feeling my best. My arms feel huge and my face is getting too round! The holidays are obviously not helping either and I just don't know what to do. I just need to find a way to get my confidence up and feel better. I know once holidays are over and I can eat cleaner and get to gym I'll at least feel better ( even if I don't lose a lot, if I feel better I'll be happier) Sorry, not really asking for anything just needed to vent and wasn't sure who else to vent about this to! Thanks for listening/reading lol
    Congratulations on losing the weight.  I know a lot of brides who would LOVE to be a size 16, though.  I have been yo-yo-ing for 40 years.  Then I got sick and decided that my health was more important than my weight.  It puts things in perspective.
    You can always rejoin WW if you feel the need.  They understand!  Good luck.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    JCocco219 said:
    Tried venting to my Lovely fiancé but wasn't that easy so felt this would be better! My wedding is in less than 2 months and I am starting to feel the weight loss stress! I joined WW about 3 years ago and went from about a size 16-18 to a solid 12 and was at such a good place.
    Congratulations on losing the weight.  I know a lot of brides who would LOVE to be a size 16, though.  I have been yo-yo-ing for 40 years.  Then I got sick and decided that my health was more important than my weight.  It puts things in perspective.
    You can always rejoin WW if you feel the need.  They understand!  Good luck.
    Honestly - knowing where my lean body mass is - if I was a size 16 I'd have other health issues to deal with but by gosh I'd LOVE to be a size 18/20 again!!!  Clothes shopping was so much easier!!!
  • Thank you for all your support everyone!! I didn't join WW again but I started tracking and following the system again and am back down to where I am comfortable, would obviously love to lose even more but I feel amazing and to me that's all that matters!!  Thank you again!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards