Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Universal Wedding Registry?

Hey everyone. My friend told me about a universal online wedding registry where you can select items from different stores and people can go to this one site to find them, but she couldn't remember the name of the site. Does anyone know what she's talking about?

Also, does anyone know if Lowe's does a wedding or any kind of gift registry?

Thanks!

Re: Universal Wedding Registry?

• Options
    There are a few sites that do this. Zola comes to mind. If you're only registering at 2-3 places I wouldn't even bother. Just do the registry at each store.

I haven't used it but there was another post discussing it and on some of the sites I guess people have to mark a gift as purchased on the registry, whereas if you do it through the store, like BBB, Macys, etc. it gets updated automatically when someone purchases something from your registry. You have a higher risk of getting multiples of the same item if people don't know they have to mark it as purchased. Basically make sure you read all the fine print before you sign up and make sure you really know how it works.

Also, make sure you're only using the site for actual gifts- not cash or a honeymoon registry. A lot of these sites give you the option but basically everyone here will tell you that it's rude. (Search the boards for mention of a "honeyfund" and you'll find plenty of discussions on the topic.)
  • Options
    Hey everyone. My friend told me about a universal online wedding registry where you can select items from different stores and people can go to this one site to find them, but she couldn't remember the name of the site. Does anyone know what she's talking about?

Also, does anyone know if Lowe's does a wedding or any kind of gift registry?

Thanks!
    Like PP said, Universal Registries have user error as a super common byproduct.  Amazon is a universal registry, if you want to use that.  You can put amazon items on it, or link to any other website that sells stuff.  But once your guest goes to those pages, they have to go back to your amazon page and say that they bought the item for you.
  • Options
    PP's answered your other questions. Lowe's doesn't have a gift registry but Home Depot does something. The thing about the HD registry is it is local to that store ONLY. So IMO it isn't really worthwhile unless you have a bunch of local guests who would regularly go to that one store. You're better off finding the tools and supplies you want on a site like Amazon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards