Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress Fitting "Etiquette"

Hello ladies!  So the time has come for me to have my first wedding dress fitting and while I am overjoyed with excitement, I find myself feeling a bit awkward about getting undressed for the event.  I wanted to gather thoughts and opinions surrounding proper etiquette, such as whether or not it is acceptable for my alterations consultant to see "the girls?"  My dress is backless so I am having cups added, eliminating the need for a bra or corset.  What is standard protocol?  I am not overly conservative by any means but I have never been in a situation where it's possibly acceptable to just whip them out.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Dress Fitting "Etiquette"

• Options
    My dress consultant took the dress out and handed it to me through the curtain (I was already in the dressing room).  She had me step into the dress, and then once it was over my chest, she came in, buttoned me up, and we started the fitting.  I don't think you should be so concerned, honestly.  Enjoy the fitting!
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    I used to work in a women's clothing store when I was very young.  Sales clerks (now called fashion consultants) see everything.  Nothing shocks them, and they will not judge you.  Don't worry about a thing.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I was wearing nothing but my panties within 5 minutes of meeting the girl.  I was shy at first but soon got over it, trust me they have seen it all before!
  • Options

When I had my fitting the woman handed me my dress and had me step into it, then she just did up the backside while I held it in place.

• Options
    I have gone 3 times now for my dress (the day I picked it, my first fitting, and my final) and each time she would hand it to me through the curtain and once i was mostly covered she would come in and tie/lace/button me up!  I did go to one place before finding the place I bought my dress and we were in a big room and she was in with me, but I just covered the girls with my arm.  Like other knotties have said, they've seen it all.  Focus on the dress and how beautiful you look, don't worry about it!  Enjoy every second!!!
  • Options
    My alterations lady always has my dress hanging for me, I dress myself and she zips me up. I had cups sewn in too. The lady just handed me a couple different sizes of cups for me to insert and see what fit most comfortably. I told her which ones fit the best, and that was it! She sewed them in and at my next fitting they were perfect!
  • Options
    I got into the dress, and then had the sales consultant/ alterations person do it up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards