Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Petti coat for plus sized

i am really trying to think, if i added a petticoat in what are the chances id look like a fat jet puffed marshmallow do most big girls wear them? all this wedding stuff is so new to me trying to take it all in 7 months to go LOL
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Petti coat for plus sized

• Options
    Have you tried on your dress with a petticoat before? I think that would be the first step, see if you like how you look with one on. 
  • Options
    I am a size 16-18 and wore one and didn't feel like a marshmallow (I can post pictures if you'd like to see). My dress was poufy on the bottom to start but I wanted it to flare out more and getting the petticoat saved me from having to get the dress hemmed. I will say however, my wedding was in November in New England and I was very hot with all those layers so keep that in mind. I ditched the petticoat halfway through the reception because I couldn't take the heat any longer! 

• Options

this is me wearing a size 24 dress, 40lbs ago LOL its a chiffon dress, so just not sure i should wear one under or not :) im hoping to lose another 30-40 by end of August
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    justsie said:
    Have you tried on your dress with a petticoat before? I think that would be the first step, see if you like how you look with one on. 

I agree with this...if you can get a chance to try them on together then I would.  Especially since there are different types, some that add multiple layers all along the skirt and others that only fluff towards the bottom third. 
    Lulawife said:
    I am a size 16-18 and wore one and didn't feel like a marshmallow (I can post pictures if you'd like to see). My dress was poufy on the bottom to start but I wanted it to flare out more and getting the petticoat saved me from having to get the dress hemmed. I will say however, my wedding was in November in New England and I was very hot with all those layers so keep that in mind. I ditched the petticoat halfway through the reception because I couldn't take the heat any longer! 

I had the same experience...but my dress really needed the help with its shape so I stuck it out.

Overall, I think your dress looks good without it, once the length is corrected in the front (Hemming/heels if your wearing them) it will look a little better.  Did the consultant recommend one to you to try?

• Options
    she said i can do it either way, as for heels not likely ill break my neck LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't with that dress. I think it looks nice the way it is, and adding a petticoat would take away from the nice flow of the gown. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards