Wedding Woes
Options

Friday! Thank sweet baby jeebus.

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited January 2016 in Wedding Woes
What's up this morning?  What's on tap for the weekend?

I'm trying to find something to watch or listen to, but nothing is piquing my interest this morning.  I want shows to come back, damn it.  I'm almost getting desperate enough to start GoT over from the beginning. 

We are cleaning, having FIL, DH's uncle, and the kiddo's GF over for dinner tomorrow.  I also need to do major food and household replenishment shopping. We are not only low on food, but paper goods too.  The kiddo's going to his friend's funeral Sunday and we're going to my parent's house for dinner.  I also have to work a couple hours of OT on Sunday.  

I'd love to exchange my bday boots, I really think that's going to have to wait until my next weekday off.  I can't go to Nordstrom Rack and not spend at least 45min to an hour browsing.  

I got a hot tip from my liquor store last night that I am totally geeked about.  There's a brewery in Northern IN that makes this amazing beer, but it's got a huge fanbase.   It's very, very hard to find in our market.  I noticed a cart of beer from that brewery at our liquor store last night and I picked up a different beer we hadn't tried yet.  I was talking to the lady at checkout and was all, "Yeah, I'm still searching for the holy grail, Zombie Dust."  She said the truck comes late Tues/early Weds, every week and it's usually available if I can get there at opening.  I have Weds off once a month, so I'm going to be there on my next Weds off.  I hope her tip pays off. 

Re: Friday! Thank sweet baby jeebus.

• Options
    TGIF!  I'm finally alive again after being sick for 2 weeks (and a subsequent allergic reaction to the amoxicillin) so I'm ready!

FMIL's birthday is on the 5th and mine is the 7th so tonight, per her request we're taking her to the Toledo Walleye game, and she's already complaining that FI isn't going to see her on her *actual* birthday.  What are you, 5?  Oh no, you're just BSC.

Then Saturday, I'm going dress shopping #3 with 3 girlfriends.  We're grabbing lunch and booze first and then going to two stores.  Fingers crossed!

I'm a craft beer snob too so I'd be first in line.  Apparently this beer isn't that good, but I search for it in the carts too.
  • Options
    "Colin quiet."  D'awww!!  I can't say that about my C-man.  LMAO  

He did get in bed with us last night and then left because he couldn't get comfortable.  I was like, "GREAT! More room for me!" 
  • Options
    Glory day!!!

I spent 45 minutes last night trying to put my food processor together. I swear I am well-versed in the kitchen, and I usually don't have these problems, but after the week I've had I was barely functioning. I got so frustrated that I was about to cry, called DH in there, I was trying to put it on backwards. All I wanted was some damn black bean hummus. It was really really good once I finished making it though.

Tonight, we are going to dinner at my grandparents' house to celebrate my mom's birthday. Tomorrow is her actual birthday, and I really want her to feel special. So tomorrow, we are having her, my brother, and his girlfriend over for dinner at our house. I'm making stuffed zucchini for dinner and coconut cream pie for dessert (her favorite). We'll have wine and just have a great time being together.

Sunday will be church and then nothing. Next weekend is going to be packed full, so I'm going to rest up and enjoy my time at home.

• Options
    "Colin quiet."  D'awww!!  I can't say that about my C-man.  LMAO  

He did get in bed with us last night and then left because he couldn't get comfortable.  I was like, "GREAT! More room for me!" 
    Mine has been in his toddler bed since last weekend, and adjusted really well.  And then last night he woke up at like 3:00 and got up--I heard noises on the baby monitor and got up to find him wandering around Wooz's room.  I put him back to bed and he was asleep almost instantly.

We're trying to train him with Wooz's old sleep/wake clock:  "When Bunny is up, you can get up too.  When Bunny is in bed, you need to be in bed, too." 

httpecximages-amazoncomimagesI41QsOHoqdnLjpg

• Options
    @mrs.conn23 what at a gf?!

6let had a program at school that started at 8.  I took the other 2 for donuts after!  Now I'm cleaning up some personal email and bill paying then doing a bit of work. 

This weekend the van is getting an oil change and we're going to Home Depot to do a craft.  M2 has her first school birthday party and she's SOOOOOOOO excited.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    @mrs.conn23 what at a gf?!

Yes!  They've been dating since November.  I really like her.  She gives the kiddo shit, in a very sweet way.  He just stands there and blushes all, "aw shucks!"  
  • Options
    I feel like I am finally starting to wake up from the winter blues. Gym tonight, I signed up to do a 5k/yoga thing in April so I am "training" for that. I have a foot clinic tomorrow that I am super stoked on. I signed up for it months ago because December/January are our hardest months at work and my feet/legs/knees/hips get all out of whack. Sunday, we are either going to a benefit concert or I am going to yoga. Some where in there we have to pay rent, clean the house, and maybe go grocery shopping. And I should really clean my closet... it looks like there was an explosion.
  • Options

I spent 45 minutes last night trying to put my food processor together. I swear I am well-versed in the kitchen, and I usually don't have these problems, but after the week I've had I was barely functioning. I got so frustrated that I was about to cry, called DH in there, I was trying to put it on backwards. All I wanted was some damn black bean hummus. It was really really good once I finished making it though.

Is it a Cuisinart?  Because if it is, we had the exact same problem.  I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, and then DH tried and he broke the bowl-latch safety thingy and we had to get a replacement bowl.  My mom was over, took one look at it, and got the bowl on correctly--we had been doing it backwards the whole time.  Adurr.

I'm calling poor design.  ::shakes fist at Cuisinart::

• Options
    @Heffalump It took me a month and countless YouTube Videos to figure out how to put my Cusiniart together, and it still leaked everywhere  last time I used it.

@thefanciestbeckler

Tonight, we are going to dinner at my grandparents' house to celebrate my mom's birthday. Tomorrow is her actual birthday, and I really want her to feel special. So tomorrow, we are having her, my brother, and his girlfriend over for dinner at our house. I'm making stuffed zucchini for dinner and coconut cream pie for dessert (her favorite). We'll have wine and just have a great time being together.

Show off LOL

• Options
    Heffalump said:

Is it a Cuisinart?  Because if it is, we had the exact same problem.  I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, and then DH tried and he broke the bowl-latch safety thingy and we had to get a replacement bowl.  My mom was over, took one look at it, and got the bowl on correctly--we had been doing it backwards the whole time.  Adurr.

YES!!!!!!!!! It is a Cuisinart!!!!!!!!! Thank God someone else has had the same problem. I felt so stupid. It LOOKS like it should go on the backwards way. DH actually broke a tiny piece off of it last night, too. Not quite enough to have to replace it though, thankfully.

• Options
    TGIF indeed.

This morning was a mess. DS came into our room at 3:30 am crying about a bad dream, so once we got him calmed down and I walked him back to bed, I was awake. I tried going back to sleep and eventually decided to just go sit on the couch and read. Fell back asleep at 5 am, and when my alarm went off this morning I managed to turn it off not hit snooze. Miraculously, we managed to get the kids ready and in the car on time so DH could do drop off.

I have no idea what is in store for this weekend. DH mentioned that he wanted to go to the BBQ place near our house, so we might hit that up. DH is doing something with his dad on Saturday so I might take the kids to do something so we can get out of the house.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

YES!!!!!!!!! It is a Cuisinart!!!!!!!!! Thank God someone else has had the same problem. I felt so stupid. It LOOKS like it should go on the backwards way. DH actually broke a tiny piece off of it last night, too. Not quite enough to have to replace it though, thankfully.
    Tell him to put a little more muscle into it next time.  :p

Random:  I just realized that next weekend is the last weekend before Mardi Gras!  And since we'll be OOT next weekend and we'll be busy during the week, we'll be celebrating next weekend.  Looks like I'm headed to World Market at lunch for king cake mix and other goodies. 

Hoping for enough willpower not to buy a ton of random crap while I'm there.  But they do random crap better than anyone.

httpsmediagiphycommediaZdVJa0JztKgHmgiphygif

• Options
    amen, I'm a ball of migraneygrumpy today.
    And Buffy was in tears twice before she left the house, and is looking forward to a 'weekend of NO' (because if hearing 'no' makes you act like a bratty dumbass, you need more practice hearing 'no'.  A lot more)

I have 2 things on my 'to do' list today...get tires rotated and call my dying great aunt.  I don't think I can do both, and #2 is more time sensitive.  But I have to pull myself together well to do it, because she'll be pissy as hell if I cry when I talk to her.
  • Options
    Happy Friday!

DD2 and I have done our Friday morning Target and Aldi run.  Now she's snacking on string cheese and cherry tomatoes while watching a tv show on her Kindle, which = a little quiet time for me.

DD1 has a birthday party at Monkey Joe's tonight.

Tomorrow both girls have basketball games and I think the ILs are taking all 3 kids overnight.

DH and I are going to a surprise party tomorrow night for a good friend.  I have been asked to pick up the cake and bring it to the party.  I'm terrified I will forget it.  I have set an alert on my phone.
  • Options
    I need a weekend.  This week hasn't been bad, but it's just dragged on and on. 

Tomorrow DH is helping a friend move (him and his GF of 5-years broke up and she gets to keep the apartment).  DH is happy, because he never really liked the GF anyway. But, that means I have an empty house to work on sorting through our finances and try to set up a budget.  Last weekend I got as far as printing our bank statements for the last 6 months.  So, tomorrow I will be going through them all and figuring out where we spend our money and how to budget it better and save more of it. Not too excited about that task, but it needs to be done.

Then Sunday is usually laundry and house cleaning day... with time for relaxing and reading.

• Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    X-Games are in town.   DH and I plan on heading up there tomorrow and/or Sunday to see some of the events.  Well that is weather permitting.    We are suppose to get a lot of snow (up to 18 inches) this weekend then more on  Tuesday.  So depending on how the snow falls we might not go.  Mostly because I might not want to stand outside in white out conditions.  At least I have my ski wear if we do go.   ETA - DH might decide to ski instead of watching the events.  He has new powder skis he wants to try out.

Other than that your normal weekend cleaning of the house.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I am going to a show tonight with the newest Companion (there is a running joke that my apartment is the Tardis b/c it's bigger than it looks on the outside, so the people I've been seeing have been called Companions just b/c it's amusing to me).

I've had some weight pulled off of me this week finally, so I'm hoping to be able to concentrate and get some necessary leadership work accomplished Saturday.  Sunday we're going to a showing of Labyrinth, where I am going to sing along to every song, recite all the lines, stare at the Bowie Bulge, and probably have one more cry over the loss of David Bowie.  Then I have a meeting with our Pride chair to try and help start organizing our meetings better.
  • Options

YAY for Friday.. I'm ready for this week to be over.

FI finally got his CDL today, he is super excited about that. He called me on lunch and was talking a million mph.

I'm trying to get into full wedding planning mode. I keep getting side tracked by my book. I've been looking at different designs for cakes. I'm kind of leaning towards the "naked cake" look. I don't like frosting very much and there isn't a lot of frosting with this. Opinions?

FI and I are going to see The Revenant tonight. I'm excited to see me some Leo. But other than this, no other plans for the weekend. I should probably clean my closet but it probably won't happen.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

FI finally got his CDL today, he is super excited about that. He called me on lunch and was talking a million mph.

I'm trying to get into full wedding planning mode. I keep getting side tracked by my book. I've been looking at different designs for cakes. I'm kind of leaning towards the "naked cake" look. I don't like frosting very much and there isn't a lot of frosting with this. Opinions?

FI and I are going to see The Revenant tonight. I'm excited to see me some Leo. But other than this, no other plans for the weekend. I should probably clean my closet but it probably won't happen.

I like the different styles for this.  I just looked at The Knot ones and I lean towards the ones that look like they're almost dusted with powdered sugar or the ones that look like they had fruit in between.

I didn't like the ones that just looked like slapped on icing in between layers.  The ish would have to be all straight and even looking for me to like it.
  • Options

I'm the opposite.  I don't particularly like cake and only eat it for the frosting. I'm wondering if you could do a naked cake with a bowl of butter cream frosting on the side, for people that like the frosting on their cake?

• Options
    Busy weekend full of homework for me.  And celebrating my grandfather's birthday.  I'll get to pretend like school doesn't exist for a few hours while we celebrate.  Or I'll stress out because I'm not doing homework.  One of those.  

I'm also all about actual cake, not frosting. Frosting always tastes kind of gross to me.  

• Options
    I don't know why, but I couldn't post from work, today. stupid knot. it was my working Friday and I had PT.

@ChelleJayne - I'm not a fan of cake at all, but take away the frosting and it's pretty pointless for me. I'd say think of it from a host perspective and consider what you think your guests would like best - even consider an alternate dessert(s) (maybe something that's popular locally?) One tradition in Pittsburgh is to have a cookie table. Traditionally the bride/bride's family (or anymore, a bakery) would bake a huge assortment of cookies and put them out - people could snack on them during the reception or make up a little bag to take home. We did a cookie table, cakes (the most beebee cake design of them all - FIL's choice), and a massive platter of kruschiki (an airy Polish dessert).
    this was our cake - every cake was a different cake flavor/filling combo with buttercream icing: 

• Options

I'm the opposite.  I don't particularly like cake and only eat it for the frosting. I'm wondering if you could do a naked cake with a bowl of butter cream frosting on the side, for people that like the frosting on their cake?
    We had a "naked" red velvet, but I love frosting, so there were thick layers of buttercream frosting.  Then we had normal chocolate and vanilla sheet cakes.  But I love the idea of a bowl on the side!  

Also...I may have eaten a few bowls of plain buttercream frosting.  It's not good that I can make it myself...
  • Options
    It was exams week at school this week, and the kids about drove me nuts, so I'm glad this week is over.

Last night we went to see a theater production at the local university. It was a pretty good adaptation, and we had a great time. 

Today I went to get groceries, and now I'm chilling and playing WoW. 

Tomorrow I have to finish getting tests graded and get grades finalized for the quarter and the semester. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards