Wedding Woes

Airing of Grievances

2»

Re: Airing of Grievances

• I don't know if I need to drink or cry or sleep for like a week. But I'm falling apart.

1. As most of you know, H and I are buying our first house. Stressful in and of itself. I'm liquidating a mutual fund to pay for the down payment and I won't have those funds until three days before closing. And I just have to hope that the market goes up between now and then.
    2. My stepdad is being a total asshat and he married some twat. Literally I cannot imagine a worse person. He's trying to pretend she's not the actual worst and trying to make it our (the kids) fault that our relationship is suffering.
    3. H and I currently rent from the stepdad (this was all decided before my mom was sick) and it totally blows living next door to them. I'm seriously considering living with my sister until we close on the house.
    4. My grandma is dying. Last night my uncle didn't flat out tell us not to see her, but that she's pretty unresponsive and doesn't like visitors. I get it. When my mom got to that point we didn't let anyone besides us kids and her husband in to see her. But it sucks because she's had such a huge positive influence on my life and I wanted to tell her that. That I appreciate everything she's done and her life is an inspiration. And I won't get to see her ever again or tell her that.
    5. It's only Wednesday.
    6. Tomorrow is half priced margarita night but H and I need to save every penny to ensure we can cover if my mutual fund goes down any more so I can't go out and drink a giant marg. Why are giant restaurant margaritas so much more satisfying than drinking at home?
    7. I have a cubicle with tall walls and there's filing cabinets on the other wise of my walls. My god damn boss feels the need to knock on every. single. cabinet. every. single. time. he walks by. I want to throw my stapler at him and tell him how fucking annoying it is and I'm trying to fucking work (and/or knot) in here.
    I vote for the margarita.  You need it.  You can find the $20.00 elsewhere,  I promise.  Sorry about your Gram.  Maybe you can write her a letter someone else can read to her?  Other than that, all I can offer is hugs.
  • @ShesSoCold I would bring you giant, restaurant margaritas all day if I could.

@kimmiinthemitten A few days after I posted, they got rid of the subaru and dude brought home a pickup truck. It was SO much quieter. Then a week and a half later, he brought home a different pickup truck that was louder, but still quieter than the subaru. So we decided against saying anything to the landlord because technically he's not breaking any noise ordinances any longer. It's just annoying AF to be woken up by a rumbly truck starting at 5:30 and idling loudly enough to wake up me fully before he leaves. Total FWP but still.
  • @ShesSoCold I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. I hope next month is easier for you and that you get the largest celebratory margarita in the world when you move.

I have hit my quota for people dying this year, though technically it started last year. One of my favorite co-workers from back home died late December, my best friend died christmas eve, another friend died on NYE, and last Saturday a friend was killed in a motorcycle accident. It is getting to the point where I don't want to answer the phone.

My family is frustrating the fuck out of me with their accommodations for the wedding. I really wish I could step back and let them adult but they call me every week to ask when the wedding is (they have StDs) so they can "get their plan together" and then nothing happens. My sister just called to ask when I am going to be there. Why does it matter when I am there? The venue is 45 minutes from my house, the wedding is in 9 months, Idk how much time (if any) I am going to take off of work. Then she gets mad at me b/c I am frustrated answering the same questions over and over again. Don't get me started on my mom.

I really want to take a vacation but i have no money.
  • I don't know if I need to drink or cry or sleep for like a week. But I'm falling apart.

1. As most of you know, H and I are buying our first house. Stressful in and of itself. I'm liquidating a mutual fund to pay for the down payment and I won't have those funds until three days before closing. And I just have to hope that the market goes up between now and then.
    2. My stepdad is being a total asshat and he married some twat. Literally I cannot imagine a worse person. He's trying to pretend she's not the actual worst and trying to make it our (the kids) fault that our relationship is suffering.
    3. H and I currently rent from the stepdad (this was all decided before my mom was sick) and it totally blows living next door to them. I'm seriously considering living with my sister until we close on the house.
    4. My grandma is dying. Last night my uncle didn't flat out tell us not to see her, but that she's pretty unresponsive and doesn't like visitors. I get it. When my mom got to that point we didn't let anyone besides us kids and her husband in to see her. But it sucks because she's had such a huge positive influence on my life and I wanted to tell her that. That I appreciate everything she's done and her life is an inspiration. And I won't get to see her ever again or tell her that.
    5. It's only Wednesday.
    6. Tomorrow is half priced margarita night but H and I need to save every penny to ensure we can cover if my mutual fund goes down any more so I can't go out and drink a giant marg. Why are giant restaurant margaritas so much more satisfying than drinking at home?
    7. I have a cubicle with tall walls and there's filing cabinets on the other wise of my walls. My god damn boss feels the need to knock on every. single. cabinet. every. single. time. he walks by. I want to throw my stapler at him and tell him how fucking annoying it is and I'm trying to fucking work (and/or knot) in here.
    I also have a step monster. She is filthy, insists on having a horde of animals that she doesn't clean up after, has a beard, and threatens to physically harm my Dad often. I think she was his mid life crisis and now he's afraid to leave her, honestly. He isn't allowed to go shopping on his own, and if he does and buys something for me or my sisters he's a fucking ass because he is playing favorites with her kids vs my sisters and I. And then bitches because the family doesn't come over enough. Like... We don't want a flea infestation, nor do we want to have any sort of conversation with you. Ugh.

• My new boots don't fit! Wah!   They weren't the ones I sent to DH to buy me, but I was hopeful.  I will be ordering the 'correct' ones instead.  I'm sad though, because they are really beautiful boots.  :(  DH is sad too. 
  • Dear Design Department. Hello, I'm in accounting. You know all those nifty little paychecks you get? It's because I enter your time sheets, my coworker does all those pesky little calculations that keep the IRS off your back.

Well gosh darn it, do you know how the company gets money? You don't? It's because I do all the invoicing so people know when to send us money.

You know what would be totally super awesome? FUCKING COMMUNICATE WITH ME! Yes, I do need to know budget amounts, and client information and the details of your contract because I create the damn invoices and budget summaries. I spent two hours on one damned invoice because you couldn't be bothered to talk to me until 30 minutes before my deadline.

And BTW, very little of rhis is automated, most of it is excel spreadsheets I have to create myself and convert to pdf. But that's right, I forgot, my job isn't important.

• Dear Design Department. Hello, I'm in accounting. You know all those nifty little paychecks you get? It's because I enter your time sheets, my coworker does all those pesky little calculations that keep the IRS off your back.

Well gosh darn it, do you know how the company gets money? You don't? It's because I do all the invoicing so people know when to send us money.

You know what would be totally super awesome? FUCKING COMMUNICATE WITH ME! Yes, I do need to know budget amounts, and client information and the details of your contract because I create the damn invoices and budget summaries. I spent two hours on one damned invoice because you couldn't be bothered to talk to me until 30 minutes before my deadline.

And BTW, very little of rhis is automated, most of it is excel spreadsheets I have to create myself and convert to pdf. But that's right, I forgot, my job isn't important.

I just about spit my coffee! Substitute IT for design department and voilà, that's my day in a nutshell!
  • Dear Design Department. Hello, I'm in accounting. You know all those nifty little paychecks you get? It's because I enter your time sheets, my coworker does all those pesky little calculations that keep the IRS off your back. Well gosh darn it, do you know how the company gets money? You don't? It's because I do all the invoicing so people know when to send us money. You know what would be totally super awesome? FUCKING COMMUNICATE WITH ME! Yes, I do need to know budget amounts, and client information and the details of your contract because I create the damn invoices and budget summaries. I spent two hours on one damned invoice because you couldn't be bothered to talk to me until 30 minutes before my deadline. And BTW, very little of rhis is automated, most of it is excel spreadsheets I have to create myself and convert to pdf. But that's right, I forgot, my job isn't important.
    I just about spit my coffee! Substitute IT for design department and voilà, that's my day in a nutshell!
    That's frustrating, I feel for you.  I'm in the opposite boat, my accounting department is trying to automate commissions whereas in the past it was manual so they keep screwing up every month:

Dear Accounting, you know all the money that cycles through your department?  It's because people like me find the customer, sell the customer and deliver to the customer and you get the checks.  Now get me my commission report early enough so I can tell you where you shorted me money and then pay me with all that moolah I just brought you.  Kthanksbye.

• PMeg819 said:
    And the purse I want is $5k. He would die if I bought it. He wasn't happy at my most recent purse purchase and that was $100.
    O.o.

I wanna see!  It will help me help you justify buying it. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I'm sorry to @ShesSoCold about your Grandma, and I hope you get a chance to see her.  You're her grandchild :/

@ThxSugar I'm sorry to hear about your shitty year, as well.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• We can't DH ever put out AAAALLLLL the trash.  He seems to think he does the trash guys a favor when he won't put out 2 cans and 1 bag.  Some weeks we have more and it needs to go out or it will pile up!  I don't think that one extra bag makes a difference

At least once a month I have to follow behind his 2 cans and 2 recycle bins with another pile of recycling and some random trash (this month the diaper genie!)
  • PMeg819 said:
    And the purse I want is $5k. He would die if I bought it. He wasn't happy at my most recent purse purchase and that was $100.
    O.o.

I wanna see!  It will help me help you justify buying it. . .
    I want a Chanel Medium Boy Bag. I think I want the calfskin leather with quilting, and rhodium hardware if I can find it. Color is less important-  I'm fine with a non neutral. My sister is coming in a few weeks and we're going to go to the boutique to look and compare. She thinks I should get a classic flap but I love the Boy Bag style.

I absolutely love purses. They are my "thing" and the Chanel one is my dream bag. There are others that I'd like to buy, but that one is the top of the list.
  • PMeg819 said:
    Okay. I am ready.

1. DH is driving me up the wall on several things.
    a. One day he told me has like 40 days of PTO to take off. So I presented ideas for vacations and was ready to book. But then he waffles on it. Okay, so I say let's think of other things. Then it's back to my original ideas. Now he's telling me that he just doesn't want to do it because traveling with two kids is stressful. It's not really a vacation because of that. Oh, and that we are taking so many trips. Bitch, between your number of days and my number of days we have more than enough time available. Secondly, suck it the fuck up because guess what- we're parents. And we're not waiting around until things get easier. I want to go to the beach and goddammit I am going.

b. He keeps going to bed late which then means I don't sleep good. And I'm trying to get up to work early which means that doesn't happen because I'm too damn tired.

c. He bitches about my spending on things but then turns around and buys the most useless shit ever. He bought a bunch of random DVDs because they were on Blu Ray and were cheap. Great. But they all suck and other than getting watched once so he can confirm they are shitty, they are just going to pileup. I won't even get started on the theater.

2. Work is just a pain in the ass. I have way to much to do and now I'm more or less getting told that it's really suspicious that I don't have enough time to things done. You know- basically insinuating that I sit around and do nothing and pretend to be logged in at work. I have a long list of reasons why I'm behind, and my new manager is sort of annoying me with his responses to it all. It's 1:30 pm and I'm just now eating for the first time today and I haven't even had time to take a shower. I'm obviously just doing nothing.

3. DD and DS are just at stages where they are trying my patience. I need DD to move past the terrible 2's and 3's to become better behaved and not the feral beast she keeps acting like. DS has decided that he needs to get attitude. He told me in the car yesterday that when he has kids he won't yell at them ever. Okay, come see me in 25 years and tell me don't yell. Because you will yell when your kid spills juice all over the floor after being told 3547584 times not to run with the cup in their hand, or instead of getting ready for school decides it's a great time to sit down with 435879 Legos to build the Death Star.

That's it. There are other things like the fact that I want a new purse but I know if I try to spend the money on the one I want, DH would flip his shit. But I swear, I need it. I really do.
    DUDE!!!! i feel your pains!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards