Chit Chat

Age Gaps

2»

Re: Age Gaps

• H is 3 weeks older than I am, and I have only dated people who were within 2 years of my age - not a conscious choice, just how it worked out.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a large age gap as long as both people are mature, consenting adults. Echoing PPs, I DO find the 18 year old woman/60 year old man situation creepy, mainly because 18 is still basically a child and their relationship must have started when she was still underage. I also generally don't think it's a good idea to get married at 18 anyway, but a 42 year age gap involving a teenager sends up all kinds of red flags for me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • PPs have already stated my sentiments. I'll just add that twice in my late 20s I dated men around age 40. The reasons those relationships ended had nothing to do with age; we were compatible in terms of life goals and whatnot. We just weren't compatible enough in personality.
    DH is 3.5 years older than me, and that's more typical of my dating patterns. Two or three years ahead of me seemed to be the sweet spot.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards