Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Shoe Color Help!

Hi Ladies, 
I'm torn on what color shoe to get to go with my dress.  My dress is a champagne/ ivory color and the girls are color called Premier Blue (Silvery) and the guys are wearing platinum gray.  Help! 

Re: Shoe Color Help!

• Options
    I think a silver shoe would look great. It's a pretty versatile dress. You could do a pop of color with the shoe as well if you wanted. A blue or even a red.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    First of all, gorgeous dress! :smiley: 

Have you decided what type of shoe you want to wear?  Flat, wedge, pump, etc?  I think this would play a role into the color choice as in a bold shoe = bold colors.  With the information you have provided, I would personally opt for an ivory or nude colored shoe since the colors are more on the natural tones side.  If you haven't already, start shopping and when you see something you like, you will know!
  • Options
    Traditional wedding shoes are white or ivory/bone.  Today's brides wear any color they want to wear, including red, orange, gold, purple, etc.  It is entirely your choice.  Nobody will be looking at your shoes.  Do make sure that they are comfortable ones, not extreme.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Silver would be nice!
  • Options
    I would look around for something comfortable in a silver color (traditional).  Do you have a specific color theme?  If you have a strong accent color you cold also match that and make it a bit more interesting (Non-traditional).
  • Options
    You don't have to match anything if you don't want! My bridesmaids wore navy and the men wore grey, and I wore teal shoes just because I loved them!

• Options
    edited January 2016
    jenna8984 said:
    You don't have to match anything if you don't want! My bridesmaids wore navy and the men wore grey, and I wore teal shoes just because I loved them!
    This!^^  Our colors are light pink and silver, but my shoes are coral and gold, but they're awesome and I wanted them, so that's what I'm wearing.

ETF: Words

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'm wearing dark purple wedges because I loved the colour and wanted something comfortable. Anything you choose will be perfect.
  • Options
    It is entirely up to you.

I have seen brides who "match" their colours to some degree, and brides who choose a bold shoe completely different from anything else. 

Myself, I'd go sparkly silver, or blue. 

My shoes were metallic silver, but they way the light caught, sometimes they took on a gold or copper tone. 
  • Options
    WesternMA0516WesternMA0516 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2016
    I am having the same dilemma. I usually lean towards silver but my dress definitely has gold undertones and I just found some sparkly gold shoes (http://www.dsw.com/shoe/adrianna+papell+boutique+grand+glitter+pump?prodId=dsw12prod6700034). I'm worried the gold is too dark and will not look good with my dress. I'm going to order some silver ones and some traditional ivory and then go try them with the dress to see what works best. I'm also worried that if I go with gold shoes then I need all gold accessories? And there's a few silver and pearl things that I also like. Do people really see your shoes much? Debating if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. Sorry for the hijack, but I was just having the same debate with myself. 
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    My bridesmaids wore purple with a light blue shawl.   I wore peacock blue shoes, which I actually wore again last night with a black dress for our anniversary dinner!   

• Options
    I am having the same dilemma. I usually lean towards silver but my dress definitely has gold undertones and I just found some sparkly gold shoes (http://www.dsw.com/shoe/adrianna+papell+boutique+grand+glitter+pump?prodId=dsw12prod6700034). I'm worried the gold is too dark and will not look good with my dress. I'm going to order some silver ones and some traditional ivory and then go try them with the dress to see what works best. I'm also worried that if I go with gold shoes then I need all gold accessories? And there's a few silver and pearl things that I also like. Do people really see your shoes much? Debating if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. Sorry for the hijack, but I was just having the same debate with myself. 
    I wouldn't worry about matching your shoes and your jewelry. People aren't really going to see your shoes if you are wearing a long dress. DD wore flats that had gold tones in them. She wore gold, pearl and diamond earrings and a silver/pearl bracelet. If you look at pictures you don't notice the metals at all!
  • Options

I really like those shoes...

I wouldn't worry about this at all.  There is no need to match metallic tones in shoes or accessories.  Depending on the length of your dress you may not have any shots of you wearing your shoes anyway (unless you request it).

• Options
    Thanks @cowgirl8238  and @ILoveBeachMusic ! You've put my mind at ease :)
  • Options
    Thanks @cowgirl8238  and @ILoveBeachMusic ! You've put my mind at ease :)

Yeah, I spent a decent amount of time looking for "the perfect shoe" and once I got my wedding photos I realized there is one shot of them with my dress (Before I put on either of them) and that was it.  And it didn't bother me a bit to not see them.  Glad that you feel a bit better about it now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards