Flowers
Options

Did anybody pick their own flowers?

We're hoping to do sunflowers and baby's breath as our flowers, and we'll buy the baby's breath but has anybody had luck picking their own flowers? We live in a place packed with sunflowers around the time of our wedding and are hoping we can gather them on our own with our wedding party?

Re: Did anybody pick their own flowers?

• Options
    We're hoping to do sunflowers and baby's breath as our flowers, and we'll buy the baby's breath but has anybody had luck picking their own flowers? We live in a place packed with sunflowers around the time of our wedding and are hoping we can gather them on our own with our wedding party?
    I'm not sure I would do this for a few reasons. 1. it might not be okay in the city you are getting married to pick flowers, I know in my hometown picking wildflowers was against the city laws. 2. There is no way to control for bugs and pests. 3. Don't ask the wedding party to help you prepare for the wedding, If they offer that is fine but you didn't pick them to be people to honor in your wedding to assign them jobs!
  • Options
    IMO - just hire it out.  At the end of the day it'll be done exactly as you want the arrangements and the breeds selected for arrangements are a bit different than your traditional sunflower.  Most of all - you don't need to be adding stress to the day of/day before your wedding (when the flowers will need to be picked)..  I wholeheartedly agree with the PP, don't ask your WP for help on this, I love flowers and even I think it'd be a nightmare to have to do this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards