Flowers
Options

flowers for female best man

My fiance is having his sister as his "best man". I am clueless as what kind of flowers she should have. A bouquet? A corsage? A boutonniere, like the other groomsmen? Anyone else been in this situation or have advice? Thanks!

Re: flowers for female best man

• Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was the best woman in my friend's wedding and carried a bouquet that matched the MOHs.  I was also in an evening gown and not a suit or tux.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_flowers-female-man-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:7360f0de-4271-4dd1-8531-3b6dd46523c9Post:98c8a3c1-40ba-4858-bf93-575749c493bb">Re: flowers for female best man</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was the best woman in my friend's wedding and carried a bouquet that matched the MOHs.  I was also in an evening gown and not a suit or tux.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

That makes sense to me.  I'll have the opposite situation.  My honor attendant ("bride's best man") is my son.  He's wearing a tux and will have a bout identical to the groom's best man.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That makes sense.

Did you wear a black dress or did you wear the same thing as the bridesmaids? Right now I am leaning toward having her wear the same dress as the BMs, just in black.
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    she could carry a bokay just like the bridesamaids,especially if she is weraring a long  dress like them.Even if the dress is in black. If she is wearing a short dress or pantssuit,then you could give her either a wrist corsage or a pin on corsage.
  • Options
    nontradduonontradduo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of my friends was just in a wedding I attended where she was the "Best Man".  The bride choose to have her wear a bridesmaids dress in a design they both liked that went well with the bridesmaids dresses and her own, but was unique.  The men were wearing dark grey suits, so the bride wanted the "BM" to be in the same dark grey and again had coordinating flowers to the existing ones, but her bouquet was smaller and unique to her.
    I also attended another wedding last year where this was the situation as well...that bride choose to have the female BM dress in the same bridesmaids gown and had her carry an identical bridesmaids bouquet.
    Both versions I saw looked very appropriate, but I have to say I preferred the one my friend just served as BM in.  She was attired and flowered unique to her position and it looked beautiful and well coordinated.

"It's easy to halve the potato where there's love." - Irish Proverb
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_flowers-female-man-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:7360f0de-4271-4dd1-8531-3b6dd46523c9Post:ce409c31-70ea-437c-9c02-9a6f7763342f">Re: flowers for female best man</a>:
    [QUOTE]That makes sense. Did you wear a black dress or did you wear the same thing as the bridesmaids? Right now I am leaning toward having her wear the same dress as the BMs, just in black.
    Posted by bandita0203[/QUOTE]

I was in a gown that I already owned and had worn to black tie events.  It was spaghetti strap navy blue chiffon over satin with a really pretty blue beading throughout it.  The MOH was in a royal blue halter dress.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards