Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Aisle runner outdoors?

I'm stumped thinking about an aisle runner/decor for our outdoor ceremony. The wedding is on a hill and is often times pretty windy, so anything light or even flower petals are a no go. What suggestions do you have for defining the aisle without a typical runner? 

Re: Aisle runner outdoors?

• When you set up the chairs, leave an aisle between them. If you want to get fancy, put a flower arrangement on either side of the start of the aisle. 
  • When you set up the chairs, leave an aisle between them. If you want to get fancy, put a flower arrangement on either side of the start of the aisle. 
    this

We had a beach buckets with flowers lining the aisle.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I got married outside in a garden, so I didn't add any decorations. I didn't have an aisle runner or any floral decorations added - just chairs and an aisle. It was nice to save money there, TBH. But you could definitely add some potted flowers or plants to define the aisle. 
  • Potted plants, I love that idea! I've been trying to think of ways to incorporate lots of plants. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards