April 2016 Weddings

Help! Honeymoon in Hawaii!

Hi all,

April brides--please help me out. We're getting married in exactly two months. We've planned our honeymoon on the Big Island in Hawaii but there's now a state of emergency on that island because of potential dengue fever http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/02/09/466187495/state-of-emergency-on-hawaiis-big-island-over-dengue-fever-outbreak.

Anyone in a similar situation? Are you guys going to wait it out and hope the situation changes or considering changing your honeymoon location?  

Re: Help! Honeymoon in Hawaii!

• We are going to Maui and Honolulu... I haven't seen anything on these locations yet... I wonder if you could modify your travel to another island?
  • I would just call the travel agent and/or the hotel and airlines regarding your trip.  Usually they are accommodating when it comes to events such as these, especially since all you are doing is transferring your location.  I have been to both the big island and Maui and HIGHLY recommend checking out Maui - it is much less of a "party/tourist scene" and is sooo so romantic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards