May 2016 Weddings

Registry

FI and I have not registered yet, and my mother has been pressuring me lately, as she says the shower invitations have to go out soon!

Have you registered?  Is it better to register online or in person?  Do you have to make an appointment to register?

Re: Registry

• I registered at Crate and Barrel and Macy's.  Crate and Barrel was very easy and I did a lot of it online and then went to the store to edit based on seeing things in person.  Macy's was very easy online but in the store they forced me to sit with a consultant who took 20 minutes to go over a bunch of shit I wasn't interested in at all.  Also they put on the pressure to open a credit card. I did not have an appointment for either visit.  

If you want to register you should do it before your shower invitations go out to make it easier on the guests.  You don't have to register for a lot but pick things at different price points so there are a lot of options.     

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I registered at Macy's and Bed, Bath and Beyond. I did  mix of online and in-person registering. Things like sheets and towels you might want to register in person for so that you can touch them and feel them. Other things you can probably do online just as easily as in-person. 

And you really should register before invites go out. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thank you for the feedback!  I definitely want to register at Macy's but am not sure where else.  I was thinking Kohl's and Amazon.  My mother said she was not sure people would know what to do for an Amazon registry.
  • Thank you for the feedback!  I definitely want to register at Macy's but am not sure where else.  I was thinking Kohl's and Amazon.  My mother said she was not sure people would know what to do for an Amazon registry.
    It kind of depends on how much your family and friends realistically use Amazon. If you want to you can, but definitely have at least one of your registries be an actual store that people can go to. 

Other places you can register is Kohl's, Target, William's and Sonoma

Some places require an appointment and some don't. No matter what, in most cases you should be able to manage your registry online through their website in case you want to change quantities and other small stuff like that after you've been in store. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We registered at Macy's, Target and Menards.

We liked Macy's because when you register there they give you a coupon code for a free photo book from Shutterfly. We also did Target because they give you 15% off of anything that wasn't purchased from your registry after the wedding which is awesome!! We registered in person and then I've been getting online and adding things to it.

Menards seems like a weird place to register but they actually have a lot of household things that I know my family will like to get us. We didn't have to make an appointment they just had little scanners and you take them and turn them in when you're done! It seemed fairly simple to us but I'm not sure about other places.

• We did two. One at Macy's and then one on Blueprintregistry.com.  On Blueprint you can add from their collection of things plus off of any site you want. It also lets you put on there group gifts, experiences, honeymoon funds, and cash funds. Its really pretty awesome! 

• We did two. One at Macy's and then one on Blueprintregistry.com.  On Blueprint you can add from their collection of things plus off of any site you want. It also lets you put on there group gifts, experiences, honeymoon funds, and cash funds. Its really pretty awesome! 

FYI- with BPR they charge a fee cash gifts and its rude to ask for cash so don't do that.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you all again, this feedback really helps!
  • We're registered on Macy's and Amazon, but we definitely have more on Amazon.  We live in Texas and our shower and wedding will be in Pennsylvania, so it's pretty awesome just being able to have gifts shipped here than us having to worry about shipping everything ourselves.  I set both up online (obvious for Amazon, but yeah) and it was pretty easy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We registered at Bed Bath and Beyond and at a local outdoors/sportsman store. 

BBB has been really good to us. They also have the policy of 20% off of what wasn't purchased off your registry (there is a "shopping night" for this apparently), and honestly their customer service has been excellent. 

I had a surprise bridal shower on the other side of the country & a sugar bowl broke coming back in my luggage- they replaced it no questions. A pitcher we got was damaged when we were washing it before use- they replaced it. Our knife set had a broken block, they replaced it. The replacement had a broken block too. They gave us the credit on a gift card and gave us time to pick a different set (With a hardier block) and ordered it for us. One dish in my corningware set had a scratch in the paint- they replaced the whole thing. They've also taken back any duplicates with no receipt, and needing no proof that it really was a duplicate and given us the value on a gift card to use later, which is awesome. 

We registered in person mostly, visiting the store a couple times, but have also adjusted things online really easily. 

Highly recommend BBB- they have been awesome.
  • We registered at Macy's and Sur la Table.  At Macy's I went in person and put a few things on the registry, but Im adding more online later.  At Sur la Table, it was super easy and we did most of it in store (I had to add a few things online later as the FI got a little tired and I knew it was time to call it quits, lol).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards