Chit Chat

Stories of mishaps at your (or someone else's) wedding

13»

Re: Stories of mishaps at your (or someone else's) wedding

• laurad75 said:
    kvruns said:
    debbeau said:
    No. He died a mysterious death. They were looking at her for it but nothing ever stuck.

what?!?
    seriously...what?

kvruns said:
    debbeau said:
    I was the MOH in a friends wedding in my senior year of high school (you read right, high school). The bride had a southern bell themed wedding, hoop skirts, lots of layers of frills, big hats and parasols instead of bouquets  down the aisle. One of the BM tripped because her slip fell down and stabbed me in the back with the tip of the parasol. Then the groom started feeling woozy so they got him a chair. The father of the bride stands up and yells "get up you bastard you aren't getting away that easily, you knocked her up you are marrying her". Surprise!

You could of heard a pin drop. 
    are they still married?
    kvruns said:
    debbeau said:
    I was the MOH in a friends wedding in my senior year of high school (you read right, high school). The bride had a southern bell themed wedding, hoop skirts, lots of layers of frills, big hats and parasols instead of bouquets  down the aisle. One of the BM tripped because her slip fell down and stabbed me in the back with the tip of the parasol. Then the groom started feeling woozy so they got him a chair. The father of the bride stands up and yells "get up you bastard you aren't getting away that easily, you knocked her up you are marrying her". Surprise!

are they still married?
    kvruns said:
    debbeau said:

are they still married?
    kvruns said:
    debbeau said:

are they still married?
    kvruns said:
    debbeau said:

are they still married?

• Sorry if this posts multiple times. I hit quote and reply and it looked like I got multiple quotes.

The husband was under the car fixing it and she accidentally knocked off the jack. I had not seen her in years and answered the door and there she was. She said did you know D was dead and here is my new husband. Then she asked if she could "borrow" some money.  It was sick.
  • randomsloverandomslove member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    "Next on Unsolved Mysteries, a tale of passionate youth turns to murder."

ETA: Did not mean to make light. I just realized this could come across as callous. It reminded me of something you'd see on one of those shows.

• My whole wedding & marriage was a mishap... ex-husband got mad at the photographer b/c he was 'done taking pictures', I got tomato sauce on my dress, ex-husband got drunk and got in a fight with his mom & refused to dance with her, a fight broke out between guests in the parking lot, several people got drunk & vomited... overall, people had fun I think. I was only aware of about half these things until afterwards people told me. Who can top that? ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The parents: A blizzard kicked up the night before the wedding.  Other than the immediate family that was already in town and the coworkers that lived locally, most of the guests couldn't make it to the wedding.  My parents, being good hosts, had ordered plenty of champagne as well as other alcohol for dinner and drinks.  Everyone got smashed and then took home a case of champagne basically (so a good time was had by all).

Mine: A month before the wedding, our priest got into a horseback riding accident.  He went from the horse's back into a fence.  He was laid up for awhile.  Obviously I wasn't one of those psycho brides that cares only about her wedding but after the "oh my goodness, how awful, hope he's okay" I did think, "will he be okay in time for the wedding?"  I'm not heartless but he was my husband's childhood priest, so it meant a lot to have him officiate.  Luckily he recovered just fine although he told us he couldn't come to the reception.

We had a lot of miscommunication with the venue to the point where I was ready to throw something at the venue's coordinator.  "So I see you want a cash bar..."  "Um, no.  The opposite of that actually.  We're paying for beer and wine."  I did not leave a good review for her.  Otherwise, the venue was great, it's just all the communication went through her and she hand-wrote all her notes and refused to look at e-mails.

The morning of, we were getting into our wedding clothes and my mom realized she had only packed one bra with super bright straps and her dress was strapless so it was very noticeable.  Luckily I had lived right around the corner from the church at one point so I could direct her to the nearest decent place to grab a bra quickly and she found something serviceable and got back in plenty of time.  Not too bad overall.
  • Well - best "priest story" mishap was a friends wedding where the priest who was a towering alcoholic (who I later talked into going to rehab and got b*tched out by another priest for having done so - but that's another story for another day) was passed out COLD in the rectory...  When they finally got him sobered up enough to perform the ceremony, he nearly dropped the chalice during the consecration (amongst other drunken behaviors)...  And it was about an hour and a half late in starting... B&G tried to claim it was because "they forgot the aisle runner"...

Our wedding... It's actually nothing short of a novel how many things we had happen that were other than expected... It took me years to come to terms with "I really should have sucked it up and accepted the money from the IL's and just "hire it out" instead of trying to do everything myself"...

• My cousin had a New Year's Eve wedding and sparklers for the send off. My sparkler decided to just catch on fire instead of sparkle. I threw it on the ground, tried to stomp it out but that just resulted in my shoe melting. Luckily FI stepped in an took care of it for me. It definitely made for a good story later that night.
  • edited February 2016
    • One of my many cousins was getting married in 95-degree weather. One of his groomsmen passed out and would have cracked his head on a pew if my mother (a retired RN) hadn't caught him first. As we left the church to head to the reception, the temperature dropped 25 degrees and the sky went dark. During the reception, a tornado touched down less than a mile away.
    • One of my college friends got married on a pier on Lake Erie on Memorial Day weekend 2012. I didn't reapply sunscreen diligently enough and was practically glowing in the dark by the end of the day.
    • My brother and my then-boyfriend got into an argument at another cousin's wedding.
    • I was a bridesmaid at yet another cousin's wedding, and at the time was in the process of losing a lot of weight. My aunt was doing alterations on my dress in my grandparents' basement two hours before the ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards