Nevada-Las Vegas

Where to stay?

I'm getting married at The Flamingo in April and I'm trying to decide on accomodations. The easiest thing would be to book rooms at The Flamingo, but I hear mixed reviews about staying there. I also considered the Linq but I'm worried about the size of the rooms, especially while I'm trying to get ready the day of the wedding. Ballys is another one on my list, but I don't know if it's significantly better than the flamingo? My last resort at this point is to stay at The Palms because they have great rates and deal with being off strip. Any advice?

Re: Where to stay?

• I'd stay at Caesars across the street; MUCH nicer rooms than Flamingo and Ballys, which is what you deserve on your wedding day.  I wouldn't stay at Palms for this particular trip, even though I love the Palms; I'd just rather be on strip for the wedding visit to Vegas.  If you did though, Palms to/from the strip is a very cheap cab ride.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Thanks for your response. I would love to stay at Caesar's, but unfortunately it's averaging about $500 a night while we're there. I want to enjoy our stay, but that's just way outside of the budget. 
  • If you don't mind being off strip, then I'd do Palms over Flamingo or Ballys as neither of those have rooms I'd really classify as wedding caliber.  I love the Flamingo GO room for a great cheap central strip place to stay when we're just going to Vegas to party, but I'd want something nicer for wedding trip.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Great! Thanks :)
  • I haven't stayed at the Linq since they reno'd the rooms, but I've stayed twice during the renos when it was unfortunately named "The Quad".

They're your average hotel room with a reasonable sized bathroom (two girls in their early 20s could get ready at the same time without beating each other up).

If you're looking for budget but a bigger room size, look at Excalibur. Now, remember, that means BUDGET ($30/night), but the rooms are significantly bigger.

If you've got a little extra to spend and don't mind jumping on the Deuce, consider booking at Hotel32 on top of the Monte Carlo. It's boutique (think Cromwell), but much cheaper while still giving you a dash of swank. ;)

And for your own sanity, if you're considering off-strip, save yourself a huge headache and skip the Rio. PLEASE.
  • We stay at the Flamingo quite a bit (go to Vegas about twice a year) and other than the hallways and elevators, we really have no issue with the hotel at all. It's cheap, has a great location and good food options. The rooms aren't bad at all and in my opinion are much better than Bally's, Harrahs and Excalibur.

The Linq looks nice but we haven't stayed there since the renos were done, so I can't comment on that. It really depends on what you're looking for. I would honestly stay on the strip if you are getting married at the Flamingo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you! We decided to get a GO room with a strip view. I'm sure it will be fine and I feel better being near the venue. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards