Favors

Grow Your Own Herbs?

Re: Grow Your Own Herbs?

• edited November 2015
    These are cute too--Sunflower in a can but the minimum is too Sunflower in a Can

• You need to know your crowd.  Would all of your guests be interested in growing their own herbs?  If I were at a wedding and that was the favor, I wouldn't take it home.

I have a feeling this would go to waste.
  • I agree with PP, I would leave this favor at the wedding. Food is usually a big winner, can you have some type of italian dessert for people to take with them?
  • I'd take it. But I love stuff like that. I even flew my cousin's favors home from her wedding (potted mini succulents). Obviously edible favors are better...but in the grand scheme of things I don't think they're horrible - it's not like they are plastered with your names and wedding date, nor are they useless personalized coasters/shot glasses/frames.

• I'm Italian as well and I wouldn't take it home.I'd rather have a zepole or Italian cookies!
  • Another vote for knowing your crowd. I personally would enjoy it
  • I would have no interest.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'd much rather have a sweet Italian dessert to take home!  Would not take these herbs home.
  • Don't make me work for my thank you gift by giving me something I'll probably kill and don't have the sunlight to grow in my condo anyways.  I can get a huge thing of basil at the farmers market for $2.00.  I'd rather have $5.25 cents worth of chocolate if you're gonna spend that much money to give me something.
  • jacques27 said:
    Don't make me work for my thank you gift by giving me something I'll probably kill and don't have the sunlight to grow in my condo anyways.  I can get a huge thing of basil at the farmers market for $2.00.  I'd rather have $5.25 cents worth of chocolate if you're gonna spend that much money to give me something.
    I'm thinking a double-size slice of cake for that amount!!!!  Mmmmmm Wedding cake!!!!
  • IamnowmrsjmsIamnowmrsjms member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    I'm Italian as well and I wouldn't take it home.I'd rather have a zepole or Italian cookies!
    ETA sorry, didn't mean to post twice!
  • I would only offer these as favors if you know for sure that your guests would appreciate them.  I have a black thumb so I wouldn't appreciate any favors that involve growing plants.

Now, if you offer cake.....Mmmmmm
  • That's very unique! But i think it's got hit or miss potential. I received seeds as a wedding favour at a wedding once, and I did nothing with them. What about if you bought dried Italian spices and put them in little glass jars or bottles - that way you take the work out, and probably some cost. And if you include the Italian history of the spice, or a recipe it might be a bigger hit...most people cook eventually and dried herbs/spices are good for a long time.
  • I live in an apartment, so I sadly couldn't use it (though I would want to).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I know this is an old thread, but I'm really glad I found it. I was thinking about making seed bombs as favors (I'm not great with plants, but even I can't screw up a seed bomb), but I'd hate for them to get thrown out or taken home but not used. After reading some of the other threads, I'm leaning towards chocolate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards