New Jersey

Officiant Recommendations?

edited October 2015 in New Jersey
Hi everyone! 

I hope everyone is having a blast planning their wedding :) My fiance and I are getting married in East Brunswick, NJ in May 2016. We are having both the ceremony and reception at my venue. I was wondering if anyone could recommend an officiant for me? We are both Catholic and would ideally love a priest who would marry us at the venue, but that might be very unrealistic. 

Whatever information you can provide me with is much appreciated!

Best, 
Kristina

Re: Officiant Recommendations?

• A priest in good standing marrying outside of a church is going to be a tough one....

I highly recommend Reverend Richard Cash...  he was fantastic, and I received many compliments on my ceremony (short, sweet, meaningful, with slight bits of humor).  He builds the ceremony around you- he'll go as religious or non-religious as you like.  We definitely had a prayer, and references to God in our ceremony.  

Good luck! 
  • Thank you so much! I will most definitely give him a phone call.
  • I just booked my officiant an hour ago! I spoke to so many within the last 4 months and kept going back to this one person. So I followed my gut and booked him today. He has such good reviews everywhere online and he was so pleasant to speak with! Very responsive in emails as well. He did tell me this morning that he'll be traveling out of the country beginning tonight for the next 2 weeks but after he told me that he was still responding to my emails. Just a heads up in case he doesn't respond to you quickly!  

Reverend Edward Abato - http://www.reved16.com/index.html

Good luck!

• Ahhh congrats, one more thing off your list - that's great! Thank you so much for sharing this....I will definitely contact him. :)
  • Father John Michael O'Sullivan.

• Ahhhh I tried him, but unfortunately he isn't available on my date! Thanks though! :)
  • Hi Kristina,

My fiance and I are in search of an officiant now. Who did you wind up going with?

Thanks,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards