Just Engaged and Proposals

Rose Gold or White Gold? Please help!

Hello everyone! 
The jewelry I own is all in gold so naturally I opted for a rose gold engagement ring/wedding band, and while I do really like it I have also been looking at more white gold rings. I just need some opinions! Do you all think I should stick with the rose gold or should I swap it for white gold? Thank you so much!

Re: Rose Gold or White Gold? Please help!

• I think you're over thinking things. Your rings are gorgeous and look great on you. Don't worry!

• This is a personal choice.

I think your rings are stunning.

I would not consider rose gold less traditional, rings have changed styles several times over the years to include yellow, white and rose gold, silver, palladium and platinum. 
  • Rose gold has been around for a long time.  It is very traditional.  It almost disappeared in the 1970's, but it is back and very popular.

http://www.jewelsdujour.com/2013/08/coming-up-roses-a-brief-history-of-rose-gold/

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • teddygirl9teddygirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    You'd be looking at getting entirely new settings, which is a lot of pain and $$. You could dip your e-ring, but not the pave band. You could buy a WG band and wear it for a while to see if you prefer it.

TBH I prefer unplated white gold (kind of creamy) or rose gold because they do not require replating/dipping.
  • The thing is, I have the option of exchanging the ring for a different one or different metal so having to buy a new setting isn't an issue. I just can't make up my mind on the color! 
  • I have a rose gold engagement ring and wedding bands. I am also very fair, and the reason I went with the rose gold was because 1. I liked how it looked with morganite (my e-ring stone) better and 2. I liked how it looked with my pink skin tone better. 

I think your set is absolutely gorgeous in the rose gold. I like having something a little "different" - you definitely see way more white gold/platinum sets out there, so having rose gold makes it stand out a little more. With my set, I feel like the rose gold gives it almost a vintage feel, which I love. 

My personal feelings is that your set it absolutely gorgeous in rose gold, and while it will still be absolutely gorgeous in white gold, it will also be more... standard? (I don't know if that's the right word, and I am in no way saying that white gold/platinum is bad. It's just more mainstream - so if that's what you're looking for, go for it.)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Your ring looks great. I think you're overthinking this.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Those rings are gorgeous! I'm jealous! I vote keep them!!!  :)
  • Just because I want to show it off - here is my set in rose gold. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• How about this: did you two meet in warm weather or colder weather? If warm, keep the rose gold to remind you of the sun. If you met in the colder months, then the white one to remind you of winter!
  • I love rose gold.  I feel like I got engaged at the wrong time because rose gold wasn't easy to find at the time.  I think your rings look fabulous as they are!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Those rings are beautiful! I'd keep them. I think a lot of it too depends on how emotionally attached to the rings as well. But I think they are fabulous!
  • @Knottie1451697582, this discussion is from last February, and it has been more than four months since anyone posted on it.  Please don't revive old threads just to make a comment.  If you have a question, do feel free to open a new discussion of your own.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards