Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invite and RSVP postage?

So I ordered my invites from shutterfly. 
The invite is in a 5x7 envelope
and I plan to send the RSVP and 3x5 return envelope inside as well. 
I was wondering if anyone else has done the same and if
they needed additional postage? 
We live in the middle of nowhere. I know I can go to the post office
to have it weighed just to be sure.
Just wanted to see if anyone out there had already done this and had the answer.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

Re: Invite and RSVP postage?

• Options
    edited February 2016
    The size of the envelope shouldn't be a problem, but the weight might be.

http://www.lifamilies.com/chat/topic-can-you-mail-a-5x7-invitation-with-a-regular-forever-stamp-796478-1.html

Could you do a trial run by mailing a few (including one to yourself)
    to be sure. But honestly, I would go to the post office. A little extra time and effort now, could avert many problems later.

• Options
    I agree with Maire. Even if I did have a 5X7 invitation and 3X5 RSVP, the weight of the paper may be different.  Definitely go to the post office if you don't have access to a meter (I have one at work I used).
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    DD had traditional invitations (inner envelope) with RSVP card, envelope, reception card and accommodation card. There was no extra decoration just paper. It required extra postage. I would just go to the post office and have a couple of them weighted to be sure. The reason I said a couple is that I read on here that there can be some variation from invite to invite.
  • Options
    I am not even doing RSVP. With my family, friends, and guests, we do not do those things. I have never received one, and have never send one. We just always add 50 more people to the list...
  • Options
    If the post office is too far, you can weigh it elsewhere and look up the price on the USPS website.

UPS Store, FedEx store, Office Depot, and even some grocery stores can weigh it for you. Or just use a kitchen scale if you have one. 
  • Options

thank you everyone for the replies, I will just go to the post office and have them weighed to be sure! it will be well worth the extra hassle I'm sure! :)

• Options
    Good plan. I was going to add that I had a 5x7 invite and 4x6 response (with envelope) and it didn't require extra postage but my card stock was not that heavy. I agree with @MyNameIsNot and weigh it on a kitchen scale or somewhere else and look up the acceptable weight online if the post office is too far. 
  • Options
    I had 5x7 envelopes but the weight of my envelope determined an extra stamp  :'(  
    Also, if your envelope is a square it requires extra postage, but i don't think you seem to have that problem :smiley: 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards