Pre-wedding Parties

Engagement Party Host Present

Hey! So this might sound stupid, but WHEN do I give the hosts of my engagement party their "thank you" presents? My FI's 2 female cousins are hosting the party at a restaurant tomorrow for a luncheon, which is incredibly nice of them, and I've had their gifts ready for a while now. But I suddenly realized I don't know the appropriate time to give it to them, lol. Do I bring it into the restaurant and give it to them in front of people, or do I leave it in my car and give it to them after, or none of the above? I don't want to look like a doof. I've never been to an engagement party before, let alone my own!

Re: Engagement Party Host Present

• I've never been to an engagement party, but for a shower I've seen (as bride and MOB) the gifts given to the hostesses after the shower.
  • As people left, it dwindled down to me, the host, and a few others. We started to clean up and during that process, I gave her the gift. I'm not sure how to answer the question just because it came sort of naturally. I would do it toward the end or after, for sure.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • After.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks, guys! Appreciate the feedback!
  • As people left, it dwindled down to me, the host, and a few others. We started to clean up and during that process, I gave her the gift. I'm not sure how to answer the question just because it came sort of naturally. I would do it toward the end or after, for sure.
    Agreed.  As the guest of honor, you would be the last to leave, along with the hosts.  That is the best time to thank your hosts privately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards