Connecticut

Rustic/country wedding items

2»

Re: Rustic/country wedding items

• I won't go to either lol. Personal reasons, today we had Italian Pot Luck day at work and omg, the food... its so bad! oh AND a birthday with a huge chocolate cheesecake haha. Are you sure you don't work at my job? lol Cause its ALWAYS someones birthday! lol I think I just need a gym buddy so I can have someone to keep accountability lol
  • I used to work up the st from J Tims too! Neither of those venues really tickled my fancy either, but they were definitely budget friendly (although I WILL admit to having a love for those Testa's potatoes!)
  • Lol thats so funny. If the owner didnt screw me in my last job and still owe me money, i'd consider it. I feel like I just cant afford a private venue and I'll only be able to affford a restaurant..
  • Hey at the end of the day it's you and your fiancé and that's all that matters! Also, the reason we booked so far out was strictly because we wanted to have time to pay off all the expenses otherwise we would have went with this year-it's a double edged sword(having to wait) but it has helped big time
  • Thats another reason why i'd like to find and book something soon, so I do have time to pay it off.. i just think it is so ridiculous how expensive it is for ONE day. It's crazy! 
  • Oh it's insane...It gave me heartburn when I figured out our budget...then talked to other brides to be and realized how we're at like half their budgets! It's whatever works for you and there are so many ways to cut costs and really make it your own without having to sell a kidney
  • yeah we are only looking at about 10k for everything. I'm hoping we can keep it at that lol
  • Right there with ya! Got a great deal on my dress and lucked out on some other vendors and decor etc so we'll be as close as possible to that number but it is HARD to do rustic on that budget without compromising I've found! Trust me when I tell you I've turned to the fiancé and said "do we really want to spend this much?!" Lol! Trust me...I get it!
  • lol i ask my fiance that everyday lol. Things are becoming more real today.. going dress shopping with my cousin.. ahh.. haha where did u get your dress?
  • ElexismcElexismc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    Well...I wanted a dress with pockets...went first to Alfred Angelo(I had a terrible experience with my salesgirl!) then went to David's which was much better and got closer to what I was looking for. Then I happened to read about this tiny shop in Berlin called Bridal Bells Boutique-I went strictly off the reviews I read and low and behold she had ONE style of dress in shop with pockets! Also a GREAT price-my dress is now happily sitting in my closet while I impatiently wait to wear it LOL! Where are you headed today?
  • We rent to mariellas creation or something like that in rocky hill, saw a few that i liked. then we went up to Davids bridal and i THINK i might have actually found my dress.. i had a moment lol almost cried haha
  • Mariellas has beautiful dresses my sister in law actually got her bridesmaids dresses there(she shopped for her dress there but was already in love with another one and couldn't get it off her mind) I was like 85% set on the one I saw at David's until I saw mine! When you know you know!
  • We found our venue!! Colonial Tavern in Oxford is perfect! We went to check it out today, putting a deposit down this week hopefully!
  • Yes!!!!! Congratulations!
  • Elexismc said:
    Well...I wanted a dress with pockets...went first to Alfred Angelo(I had a terrible experience with my salesgirl!) then went to David's which was much better and got closer to what I was looking for. Then I happened to read about this tiny shop in Berlin called Bridal Bells Boutique-I went strictly off the reviews I read and low and behold she had ONE style of dress in shop with pockets! Also a GREAT price-my dress is now happily sitting in my closet while I impatiently wait to wear it LOL! Where are you headed today?

I am going to see if I can have pockets added to my dress with alterations.  I love the laid back look.  Unfortunately I broke my ankle last week so I will be wearing flats with my dress at my June wedding.  I might go with converse for the added ankle support.  
  • @justsuzie I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle! The Comverse/Pockets weren't even a discussion for me I knew I wanted them from the beginning because I wanted to be as comfortable as possible and not worry about falling or too tight or uncomfortable a dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards