Massachusetts

Wedding Reception and Ceremony site MA, Southern NH, CT

I have been searching for a ceremony and venue location for my wedding in May/June 2017. We will have about 100 guests and ideally would like to use our own caterer. We love the outdoors and would love an outdoor ceremony. I am undecided if I want the reception indoor or outdoor. Any suggestions???? I have already looked at:
Zukas hilltop barn, The Red Barn at Hampshire College, Hartmanns Herb Farm, Harrington Farm, Sturbridge Village, Salem Cross Inn...... They were all a little more pricey than I had hoped. I would love to keep the cost of the site alone under 3k

Re: Wedding Reception and Ceremony site MA, Southern NH, CT

• Holyoke Canoe Club, Worthington Inn, Black Birch Vineyard, Montague Retreat Center, and the Woolman Retret Center might fall under that price. Look Park is a bit more. Summit View Pavillion is less expensive and pretty outside. Also check summer camps if you want to do an outdoor reception. For ceremony sites, you could look at Sugarloaf and then hold the reception elsewhere. Smith college and mount Holyoke have some options as well. I've heard good things about Wistariahurst in Holyoke as well.
  • Look at the Holliston Historical Society. You can rent the barn for the whole day for around $1200
  • Old Sturbridge Village's fee is below that. I see you already looked at them but didn't know if you thought they were higher. The only problem that you would have is using your own caterer as they do the catering - that goes for the others you mention as well. I agree with the Historical Society comment and, also, check out Historic New England...they have some properties where you can bring in your own caterer. Not sure about the site fees though! GL!
  • I'm getting married at the log cabin upper vista in June 2017! You would have to use them as a caterer but they are really flexible. Ceremony outside and tent right next to it..overlooking the pioneer valley. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards