Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

cards and pockets

I wanted to share my current experience with cards and pockets because this information would have been helpful to me. 

I designed my invitation suite along with a graphic designer friend so we just needed a place to print them.  Cards and Pockets has a nice collection of options so I had them print my invites, rsvp cards, and details cards.  I also purchased coordinating envelopes with a liner for the invites and rsvp envelopes but c & p does not print on envelopes.  We found a printer that could print on the envelopes for a good price and have recently found out the envelopes are very difficult to print on.  They are jamming and due to the texture of the envelope they are smudging.  I am still 10 1/2 weeks out from the wedding so we have time to find an alternate plan but I did waste a good amount of money and lots of time thinking this could work.  

They have fun invite embellishments at C & P but I strongly recommend testing any envelopes you want to purchase from there.  If I could do it all over again I would have just found something at minted or wedding paper divas where it is all done for you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: cards and pockets

• Options
    I have been extremely pleased with Cards and Pockets. They are very fast and efficient. The prints looked great! I will be using them for all of my events in the future.
  • Options
    PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    That's interesting... Did you buy the envelopes in one of the "metallic" colors? I used C&P as well and everything was great, except that my STD envelopes had the metallic/shiny finish, so my return address stamp smudged a bit. I ended up having to stamp them all and leave them all flat overnight to dry.

However, now that I'm thinking about it, I did handwrite the outgoing addresses on those... The envelopes that I ran through my printer for my invites didn't have that finish on them. Since you have extra time, I would recommend ordering envelopes from them without that finish, if that is the problem.

ETA: I also think it depends on the size of the envelopes, for the printer. Some of mine were an awkward/small size and the printer didn't handle it well.
  • Options
    The A7 envelopes with the liner will not go through a printer so we ended up just purchasing a similar envelope at Michaels and was able to print addresses on that.  We are going to give the rsvp envelopes one more try today.

I want to be clear that C&P have been very nice to work with and most of the things we ordered arrived on time.  The actual invitation and other pieces are arriving tomorrow and I am confident they will look great.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards