13»

Re: First World Problems

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:
    arrippa said:
    emmaaa said:
    arrippa said:
    Starbucks is changing its reward system and now it will take me longer to earn a free coffee.
    @arrippa Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed about this.
    According to Twitter, there are a lot of people upset about the change.
    Maybe they'll change it back. We can always hope.
    I really hope they change it back. Right now their canned response to complaints about the switch is that they did it because customers asked for it. I don't know who in their right mind would have asked to spend more $$ for fewer rewards.
    Probably people who buy large orders or packaged coffee. I only go once a week and my latte is usually $4.75. for me, it will end up being the same amount of money.  But for other people who spend $2 on a coffee, it's going to take twice as long.
    That's me. I like my venti dark roast coffee, which is $2.63 or my green tea which is $2.84. It will take me twice as long to earn my free rewards and I hope I can make Gold next year. They raised the amount of stars needed for that too.
  • Options
    emmaaa said:
    arrippa said:
    emmaaa said:
    arrippa said:
    Starbucks is changing its reward system and now it will take me longer to earn a free coffee.
    I really hope they change it back. Right now their canned response to complaints about the switch is that they did it because customers asked for it. I don't know who in their right mind would have asked to spend more $$ for fewer rewards.

I did the math and I think it will mostly come out a wash for me, although I think it might come out slightly ahead for times when H and I get coffee since now I'll get credit for the purchase price and not just the visit. A friend on fb was complaining about it because he is one who gets the most basic order for like $2 and therefore it will take him longer based on $$. Mine is $5.40 so it doesn't matter
  • Options
    arrippa said:
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:
    arrippa said:
    emmaaa said:
    arrippa said:
    Probably people who buy large orders or packaged coffee. I only go once a week and my latte is usually $4.75. for me, it will end up being the same amount of money.  But for other people who spend $2 on a coffee, it's going to take twice as long.
    That's me. I like my venti dark roast coffee, which is $2.63 or my green tea which is $2.84. It will take me twice as long to earn my free rewards and I hope I can make Gold next year. They raised the amount of stars needed for that too.
    I'm a venti dark roast too. I can't say I'm surprised, as they are a profit-driven corporation, but I'm disappointed. 
  • Options
    I'm hungry and there is no one here to microwave something for me.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    The cats are chasing each other upstairs and sound like wild horses stampeding. How do two cats with less than 20 pounds combined body weight make so much noise? (The third cat is 14 1/2 and probably snoozing through the craziness.)

Oh, and the dog is gassy. 
  • Options
    DarthV8r said:
    I'm getting married in 10 days and moving in 12 days.  I need to have my house packed in 8 days. I'm running out  of days. I'm stressed  and sick to my stomach and now I can't even drink my wine.  Why do I have to have a beautiful wedding and move into a beautiful big house?! FML
    Yep.  You win.  Biggest problem of the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards