Attire & Accessories Forum

Ask guests if they plan to RSVP?

So, first off, I was forced by my FMIL to let her idiot husband do our invitations. Dumb*** didn't put an RSVP date on it! Here I am, 38 days from my wedding, and only 61 of the 160 people I invited have RSVP'D! 26 of those people are the wedding party, immediate family, and our photographer and DJ.
Would it be rude to start contacting people and asking if they're coming? Or do I just wait and see what happens? Both options sound good to me...

Re: Ask guests if they plan to RSVP?

• So, first off, I was forced by my FMIL to let her idiot husband do our invitations. Dumb*** didn't put an RSVP date on it! Here I am, 38 days from my wedding, and only 61 of the 160 people I invited have RSVP'D! 26 of those people are the wedding party, immediate family, and our photographer and DJ.
    Would it be rude to start contacting people and asking if they're coming? Or do I just wait and see what happens? Both options sound good to me...
    Well, 38 days out is still quite early for getting RSVPs back anyway.  I would wait until 2-3 weeks before your wedding to start calling people.  When does your caterer want final numbers?

• They want 3 days (we're using a local restaurant chain) but I'd rather give them a week or 2...
  • They want 3 days (we're using a local restaurant chain) but I'd rather give them a week or 2...
    If they asked for 3 days notice, 3 days notice will be fine.  Assuming this is a restaurant that caters events often, I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Start contacting people a week or two out. You still have plenty of time.
    --

• I commented on your other post.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards