Chit Chat

TGIF!

Ohmygoodness, I'm so stinking ready for the weekend!  DH and I are headed out to my parents' place and will be joined by my sister's family and my aunts are flying in from Virginia to see everyone... I'm just hoping that I can duck out of work early today so I can snuggle with my 9 month old nephew.

Anyone else have good plans?

Re: TGIF!

• No plans for me!!!!!!!!!!!

DH has an interview today for an aerial surveying position. Hoping and praying it goes well!

Sunday is church. Other than that, we might go shopping for a new mattress since we got our tax refund (I know, I know, we are WILD).

• I'm trying to finish up my real estate class this week, so I can take the exams on the 7th/8th.  
    DH has Saturday off, and I'm trying to get him to go to a psychic fair. With so many changes, I want a reading, but I'm also a bit scared of it!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• It's supposed to be unseasonably warm this weekend.  I'll be in my backyard.  I tried emptying my compost tumbler the last time we had a 60 degree day, but the center was still frozen.  Hopefully it will be somewhat thawed having two 55+ degree days in a row.  I want to put the compost in my raised bed and get it ready for eventual planting.  Maybe I'll clean out the garage.  Yes, wild and crazy, indeed.
  • No plans here, my brunch plans just got canceled. It is supposed to be decently warm so I'd like to do some stuff outside (take the dog for walks, etc) but nothing exciting beyond that. I live a boring life :)
  • I'm coaching, so busy with that.  I'm so glad that it's March though, since that's 1 month closer to the end of semester and Spring Break!!

• We don't really have any plans. I'm looking forward to doing nothing and just relaxing around the house.

• No plans for the first time in ages since last weekend turned into a bit of a party despite our lack of plans beforehand. I'm so tired from such long hours at work this week I just can't wait. Our plan is to start watching The Walking Dead since we seem to have missed that one and I heard its good. I hope so, I plan to stay in pj's, have loads of snacks, and sit on the couch like

• I'm looking forward to having a budget argument with my husband this weekend. Ok, not really looking forward to it, but it needs to be discussed. He's worried I'm going to mandate ramen noodle dinners for the foreseeable future.  I'm thinking we just need to cut back to hamburgers or maybe even sirloin steaks, instead of pretending that we can afford prime grade filet minon. He usually prefers to be hands off on the finances, but I think he needs to sit down and actually look at our budget and provide input for a change, because I don't want to feel like I'm "mandating" anything.

Other than that, probably taking dogs to the park tomorrow, since it's nice out.  And hopefully get some reading time in (just started Dante's Divine Comedy).  Then the usual laundry and picking up around the house.

• I haven't been working out as much as usual so I'm looking forward to a lot of outdoor activity this weekend - running after work today, long[er] dog walks in the woods and pond hockey Sunday.  Tonight I think we're helping FIL collect sap and make maple syrup.
  • No plans.   DH is working as usual.   I might do some spring cleaning.   Woohoo.

My life is so exciting   :tongue: 

Actually my nephew comes out for a visit  next month.  Then we head out east on April.  So it's not too bad.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I'm excited to watch Fuller House this weekend. 
  • My plans for this weekend is largely cleaning. We got back from our cruise last Sunday morning, but all the suitcases and clean laundry are still sitting around in the bedroom. I need to put stuff away and get reset. Then if I have motivation, the bathrooms need cleaning and the upstairs too.

Other than cleaning we have two birthday things this weekend. We're getting together with my family for our birthday event. Both my sisters and I are born within 3 weeks (over 6 years) so we always just do one big family dinner in celebration. That's Saturday. On Sunday my friend is having his birthday dinner, so we'll go to that.

I also want to start looking at our back yard. We want to do a bunch of planting and landscaping back there and I'd like to get a plan put together.
  • Going out to a fancy dinner w some friends and their dates tonight. Really excited. I even shaved my legs. Oh yeah, I'm going super classy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sorry to post then ghost.  I asked for a half-day today and I'm just now leaving. ... so, yeah. 

We have a 3.5 hour drive ahead of us before I can drink.   

Yay. 
  • So my kids crushed it today.  Yay!!  But one girl was late.  Almost 90 mins late.  I called her and Dad said they had car trouble earlier in the day.  Did I still want him to bring her??  What the fuck???  Of course I want her there!!  her groups can't stunt without her.  She made it with 1 minute left in warm up, just in time to run through each stunt once.  She competed and was finished 10 minutes later.  

Dad was almost 90 mins late to pick her up.  She called, but he said he was driving and could pick her up.  I almost lost it on him.  He never picks her up where he is supposed to (I have over 50 kids on 3 teams at every competition.  I can't chase parents around venues).  He said he's always been on time.  I reminded him that he was 90 mins late.  He said that he told me she would be 30 mins to get to the venue.  I told him that wasn't the problem.  It was that she finished 10 mins later and had been waiting a FUCKING HOUR AND A HALF for him to pick her up!!!  She's 10.  I was fucking pissed and I couldn't even swear cos she was with me.  Yay for alcohol at dinner (at 9pm cos he was so late).  

End rant  

• I'm working Saturday because a co-worker is out of town. So a 6-day work week. :( but she's working Monday, so next week, I'll only have a four-day work week. Won't affect the length of my weekend through, sadly. 

I know H will be working all weekend. I really need to get some house cleaning done. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards