Wedding Woes

OMG FRIDAY!

What's up for the weekend?

I'm...not sure.  DH has to work tomorrow.  Everything else is up in the air. 

Re: OMG FRIDAY!

• I just got home from taking DD1 to school.  I was listening to the Elvis Duran Show and they played the entire clip of Kelly Clarkson's song last night on American Idol.  OMG.  Bawling like a baby.  Here it is in case you need a good cry:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FHYBQxURQo

I'm doing regular Friday shopping after I drop Son at school.

We have no real plans again for the weekend.
  • My mother is coming for lunch tomorrow.  DH makes really good beef stew, and that's what I want.  He said he could whip some up tonight, but TBH, I think that's overly optimistic--I don't think he'll feel like it by the time he gets home tonight.  (I wouldn't.  Maybe he will.)  I think I might send him solo to Wooz's riding lesson, and stay home with DS to prep.  Our landscaper is coming tomorrow, so hopefully we'll get the backyard ball rolling.

The weather is supposed to be nice.  We'll probably be outside a lot.  DH and I discussed rescheduling last weekend's hike that we skipped due to his food poisoning.  But with tomorrow being kind of busy and Wooz starting her new swim session Sunday, I think it might be too much.  And I am so glad they have Sunday classes this session, although I think I might miss having Sundays free.  But no more shuttling back and forth between riding and swim on Saturdays, or trying to rush after work on a weeknight. 

S/O weeknight swim, yesterday was Wooz's last classfor the winter session, and when she was changing afterward, DS announced that he had to go potty.  He's not tall enough to stand and pee in the swim class restroom, so I stripped him from the waist down and sat him on the toilet so he could straddle it.  And of course he's trying to touch everything, so it was several minutes of "Don't touch that.  Keep your fingers out of the toilet.  Don't stick your fingers under the seat," etc.  So after one "Don't touch that" he yells, without missing a beat "Don't touch my penis, Mommy!"  I swear, I heard Wooz snickering from the lockers.
  • Screw you @tawillers!!!

+

Also, Kelly Clarkson gets pregnant the same way I do...All over, especially in the face.  
  • Max puts his hands in his pants CONSTANTLY.  DH tells him to stop so he started just pulling out his penis and saying "My hands aren't in my pants."

Today I'm taking 2 and 3 to a trampoline place.  Tomorrow DH and 1 and going to a Blue Jackets game.  Sunday I'm forcing 6let to volunteer with me then he has baseball tryouts. 

Speaking of 1, 2, 3 (what I call my kids because they are all Ms).  We were at a preschool thing last night and the kids were making picture frames.  I asked M2 why she put a 2 on her frame and she said "that's my number."  I hope I'm not scaring them.
  • @6fsn - Thank you for the morning laughs.

FI and I are going to go try the new Greek restaurant tonight. My mom went there yesterday for a friend's birthday and she said it was excellent :) We are still waiting for the Cuban restaurant to open, we've been waiting like 2 years now :(

I'm taking the 39 too another car show tomorrow morning. Then its home to clean my closet and get rid of a bunch of clothes I don't wear anymore. Maybe I'll try and refurbish some jeans into some cute skirts for this spring and summer.. But I have to get to them first.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Heffalump said:
    Confession:  I just ordered DS a solar system quilt for his room.  We're converting his room over from Lion King (which he's had since before he was born) to solar system/general space stuff.  I've been eyeing it, and it went on sale for 15% off, which is not that big of a deal.  (It basically cancels out the shipping charges, which are exorbitant at Land of Nod, especially if you are used to Amazon Prime.)  But I LOVE it.  He will love it.  (Kid knows his planets.)
    Deep Space Baby Quilt

I have a feeling as soon as DS is old enough, DH will be making a return trip to Space Camp.  Which reminds me, OTOH, it will be so nice to have one-on-one time with DS when DH and DD are there this summer.  And on the other, I don't know what I'll do without my Wooz for almost a week.  I think it will be good for her to spend time with DH and FIL, and to meet another cousin.  But part of me has a big lump in my throat.  Ah, well, I'll probably just practice bad parenting:  take DS out for ice cream a lot, to the bouncy house place, let him stay up late watching movies, the whole nine yards.  He'll probably take Wooz's absence harder than I will.  He'll miss DH, but I think he'll pine for Wooz.

S/O Wooz, her class is going to see Junie B. Jones today and she was crazy excited this morning.  She got all gussied up, and DH and I were just looking at each other because she looked half-grown. She comes up to the middle of my back now!  (And I'm 5'8".) 

And, in closing, now that I've ordered DS a quilt, he needs these for his bed:

Stuffed Planet Plush - Celestial Buddies - MoonCelestial Buddies Sun Plush

When my oldest nephew was about 3, he as really into planets and the solar system. I was working at an observatory in Flagstaff and I got him a popup book of the solar system for Christmas. He called me (he knew how to use the cell phone by this time, he called us a lot without his parents knowing) to tell me that the book was wrong and that they mixed up the pictures of Mars and Mercury. I went to look at the book later and they did mix them up. This kid was (and is) too smart for his own good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Heffalump are those planet pillows?? Also, that quilt is fantastic. I love Land of Nod even though I have no kids and it's crazy expensive. But it's fun browsing for the niece and nephew and being the super fun aunt with the cool presents. 

No real plans tonight, but a friend is having a party tomorrow so we have that too look forward to. It will be good to see all my friends from the gym that I haven't seen much since my knee surgery. Other than that just a relaxing weekend. We're traveling nearly every weekend in March and April so it's nice to have some down time before things get crazy. 
  • @tawillers I cried all night after that performance on AI last night. I'd never heard that song before, and I swear it was written for my family. Poor DH. He was all "Why are you crying??? Where did this come from???" LOL. The mind of a woman is a baffling thing to him.

DH has an interview for an aerial surveying position today. Woohooooo!!! That would be his first full time job as a pilot. He'd be building up tons of flight hours. If he gets it he will be gone for weeks at a time, but the sooner he builds that time up the sooner he can get a job with more time at home.

Other than that, no real plans. Grocery shopping per the usual, cleaning, laundry, yada yada yada. Maybe shopping for a new mattress with part of our tax refund because we are boring adults and the mattress we have now kills my back.

I ordered an indoor herb garden a few days ago, and I'm kind of hoping it gets here this weekend so I can get it all set up.

• Screw you @tawillers!!!

+

I know.

She kept apologizing for her hormones.  Hey, I'm NOT pregnant.  Look what you have done to me.

• When my oldest nephew was about 3, he as really into planets and the solar system. I was working at an observatory in Flagstaff and I got him a popup book of the solar system for Christmas. He called me (he knew how to use the cell phone by this time, he called us a lot without his parents knowing) to tell me that the book was wrong and that they mixed up the pictures of Mars and Mercury. I went to look at the book later and they did mix them up. This kid was (and is) too smart for his own good.
    That is so funny that you mention it, because when I was looking for stores that carried the plush planets, one of the only places was the Lowell Observatory.  That was actually what put me on my Space Camp train of thought, I thought they might have them there and could ask DH to pick some up when they go.  Nope, looks like it's Amazon for me.

That is so cool about your nephew.  I <3 smart kids.  (DS has a set of solar system planets that he likes to stick all over the fridge, and he always says "Sun fery, fery HOT!")
    @Heffalump are those planet pillows?? Also, that quilt is fantastic. I love Land of Nod even though I have no kids and it's crazy expensive. But it's fun browsing for the niece and nephew and being the super fun aunt with the cool presents. 

They are insanely expensive.  I am never one of those people who sneaks shoe purchases past DH or anything, but I am not going out of my way to tell him how much that quilt cost, even on sale.  I wrestled with it, because DS is tall and will probably be out of his toddler bed in a year or two.  (They have a full-size solar system quilt which is also great, but not nearly as adorable.)  But DD still hangs onto old quilts and stuff, so hopefully DS will get a lot of use out of it. 

The planets are not technically pillows, but they are stuffed.  Celestial Buddies. 
  • WFH today. trying to write my yearly goals and finish a mini project for my boss. no pressure. 

DK gets home today (YAY!). We're seeing Deadpool tonight, and probably getting dinner at the movie. (Studio Movie Grill)

• This weekend we're moving DD into her own room and going to try sleep training.  I've been looking through some decorating ideas and we might finally hang some paintings throughout the house.  I'm doing DD's room with an ocean theme since my great aunt made us a painting of a crab, and hers is the only room it can go in.  

We'll probably try to stay in most of the weekend since it's a big drinking weekend for the undergrads here:(
  • ThxSugarThxSugar member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    I just dropped FH off at the airport and now I am sad.
    But I ordered everything I need to build our raised garden bed so all I have to do is swing by the home depot customer service desk to pick it all up.
    Then I am going to the liquor store. When I was going through my medical shit last month I wasn't drinking, now that is confirmed I am a healthy adult I am going to have an adult sized Jack and coke.
    Tomorrow there is a class at the garden center about shade plants I am hoping isn't over an hour. I also want to buy a blueberry bush.
    I added a riding lesson on Sunday, mostly because it starts at 9 and if I am up that early then it will probably be a productive day. Restoritive yoga class in the late afternoon, probably followed by laundry and dishes.
    My life is thrilling. 

Edited to fix word.
  • edited February 2016
    Yesterday was my birthday, so today I have to renew my driver's license and the tags for my car. I'm also going to see if I can convince our roommate to go thrifting with me and FW to go out dancing tonight.

Tomorrow, FW and I are having brunch with my parents and visiting my grandmother, then having dinner with a longtime Internet friend from a different forum.

ETA: @Heffalump, that quilt and those pillows are too cute!
  • Today I have to get groceries, and then we are going to put our new elliptical together. It arrived yesterday, and I came home to find a giant mess in the living room as my husband had demolished the box and has it all in a giant mess in the middle of our formal living room. Why, why, why?!?! 

Then tomorrow is grading tests time. Booh.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards