Destination Weddings Discussions

Help DR or Jamaica

Hello I'm recently engaged and planning a destination wedding. We don't have much figured out yet but are looking to do it in either Dominican Republic or Jamaica. After searching places for so long they all blend together! Any suggestions would be great! We want all inclusive resort preferably not so big that we will lose people. About 50 guests. We are still up in the air about kids but probably will invite some. Also we would prefer to not have a place too far from airports. I saw some places I loved in Negril Jamaica because of the cliffs but it looks like 2 hour drives to get to the resorts.... Some places we like so far are Sanctuary cap Cana in DR and Paradisus Palma real in DR. Thanks all! Any suggestions welcomed

Re: Help DR or Jamaica

• Hello I'm recently engaged and planning a destination wedding. We don't have much figured out yet but are looking to do it in either Dominican Republic or Jamaica. After searching places for so long they all blend together! Any suggestions would be great! We want all inclusive resort preferably not so big that we will lose people. About 50 guests. We are still up in the air about kids but probably will invite some. Also we would prefer to not have a place too far from airports. I saw some places I loved in Negril Jamaica because of the cliffs but it looks like 2 hour drives to get to the resorts.... Some places we like so far are Sanctuary cap Cana in DR and Paradisus Palma real in DR. Thanks all! Any suggestions welcomed
    I'm 100% in favour of adults only weddings, but do think of the impact of not inviting children to destination weddings. For some, it would be very hard to accept an invitation to go away where you couldn't bring your children. You may have no friends/family that this applies to (or some that would love to escape and have grandparents look after the children for a week), but something to consider.
  • I've only ever been to Jamaica, but I'm familiar with options on both Islands. I think a lot will depend on where you are your guests are flying from. One reason I've never been to the DR is because of the flights from where I was living. I have found flights to Jamaica to much more reasonable. So, I'd establish A budget for yourselves and your guests. The airfare may rule things out.

Also, most of the top resorts in Jamaica are adults only, except Beaches. I think you'll more family friendly options in the DR. So, I'd decide what type of wedding I'd want before looking into thing further.

• Swept away in Negril is absolutely gorgeous. If you are set on Jamaica I would definitely stick to Negril.

There are many nice hotels in DR in Punta Cana if you choose to go there stay on Bavaro Beach or Maroma Beach.

Here are some excellent choices:

Zoetry

Majestic Elegance (club side is Adults only and extra services)

Excellence Punta Cana

Secrets Royal Beach

Royal Suites Turquesa

Just my opinion by DR has a lot more choices and better beaches (except for negrils beaches)

Spring Break 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards