Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Hallelujah as wedding song?

So I am having strings for my ceremony, and I wanted something different than traditional classical strings music to walk down the aisle to.

Thoughts on this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2pAnF1o_JY
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hallelujah as wedding song?

• redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i absolutely love that song but was a little wary when you mentioned it as a wedding song because some of the lyrics dont sound wedding appropriate if taken at face value. as an instrumental string piece it is amazing and a perfect song for walking down the aisle.  i might have to steal your idea if my BF decides he want to get married in his church. which doesnt allow the traditional wedding march.
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE this song, and it always makes me weepy (in a happy way). I think it would be great for your wedding.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    I am looking for something with more fanfare for me, but that's my personal preference.  In terms of its musical value, it's totally appropriate and unique.  It would be a special touch of you and your FI on the wedding, and it would make it memorable.  Go for it!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    great choice!! love this song! our wedding strings group was great and they played The Prayer and Bittersweet Symphony for our wedding!! and Hallelujah for the cocktail hour. i think their website was www.goldenscrollsoloists.com if you need someone, I would recommend them!!
  • edited December 2011
    I used this song, its so beautiful. I used it at the prelude tho.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards