Chit Chat

I've been soooo good!

Back from a week cruising in the Caribbean.  As I was sitting at the port center, waiting to be called to board the ship, the lady next to me told me that they were there to attend a cruise ship wedding.
"Oh, how nice!  Is the couple paying for your cruise?"
(Sideways glance.)  "Well, no.  They couldn't afford that.  I suppose they should have, but they are family, so we thought we had better come."
"Well, I hope you have a lovely time.  I didn't know this cruise line did at sea weddings."
"Oh, they don't.  The couple was married two months ago in Canada, but this is their real wedding."
"Well, I hope you enjoy your cruise."

Aren't you proud of me?  I bit my tongue.
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: I've been soooo good!

• Oh my gosh - you definitely did the right thing.  Being in the middle of my wedding planning I am so ultra sensitive to wedding etiquette that when people share stories like this to me I want to tell them how wrong it is but it doesn't really help to tell the guest, does it?  Especially when they are already on the PPD cruise!  

How was your trip?   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you still got your point across ;)

Hope YOU enjoyed the cruise!
  • At least the guest went into it with full knowledge. Hopefully that was the case with all their guests, but that would be this wedding's only somewhat positive point.
  • So did you crash the reenactment?
  • Lol that poor lady (and poor you for having to hold your tongue).  Then again, she called this her "real wedding" so even she had bought into this PPD "real wedding" nonsense.

SaveSave
  • CMGragain said:
    The cruise was great!  Fantastic weather.  We had already been to these ports, so there was no urgency about seeing things or doing activities. I had lots of those fruity drinks with rum in them.
    On the second night I was walking towards the elevator, and suddenly I felt as if someone had shot me in the knee.  It was horribly painful!  The ship's doctor diagnosed it as a torn miniscus.  I spent most of the cruise relaxing and reading on our balcony.  It was wonderfully relaxing, and I didn't miss anything. The entire cruise was very romantic.  DH was more laid back than usual.  He reminded me of the young man I married almost 40 years ago.
    I'm glad you had such a good (and deliciously rummy) time with your DH! But so sorry to hear about your knee! Hopefully you're feeling better now and taking care of yourself.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Good for you for biting your tongue  :)

What ports did you go to? I'm in dire need of a vacation, so I'm going to live vicariously through you for a second. 

• From Fort Lauderdale, FL, on the HAL Westerdam:  Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, USVI, and their private island in the Bahamas.  Paid less than $1000 pp, and had a large balcony and cabin with full bathtub and shower.  It is an older ship, but met our needs perfectly.
    I will share my wonderful online travel agent with anybody who PMs me.  I booked our last 12 cruises with him, and he has saved us thousands.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Nicely done!

On Facebook this weekend I saw a "if you want to come to our shower, send me your address!" generic post and I was sooooo tempted to say how tacky that was but I did not!

Glad you had a great time, hope your knee heals soon.

• I have a co-worker who just got engaged.  As soon as she did, I started telling her everything I know.  Do this!  Don't do this!  This is rude!  This is a fantastic idea!  But now that she started booking things, I slowed my roll.  I'm not going to change her mind on something she already put money down on, soooooo.  *sigh*  I, too, am trying sooo hard to be good.
  • So glad you and your H enjoyed the trip!   I hope your knee is better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When talking about elopeing my friend said to me "you can always go to the courthouse then have the big party later with the dress cake and everything" me....no, I can't do that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards