New Jersey
Options

Budget Wedding Venues

Hi all, 

I am recently engaged and overwhelmed by the process of starting to plan.  I have looked into a majority of the cheaper wedding venues suggested on these boards, but I'm still having difficulty finding a venue within our price range.  

We are anticipating about 125 guests sometime between fall of 2017 and spring of 2018.  We live in North Jersey (where Morris, Passaic, and Sussex counties meet) but we're also open to any surrounding counties, or even eastern PA.  We were hoping to find a venue that is $85 max, including tax and tip, but are having trouble finding anything that fits those parameters.  

I'd really prefer to not have to go the DIY route but would be open to things like firehouses, Elks clubs, or women's clubs provided that tables and chairs are included and it doesn't look completely hideous. 

I know we may have to trim down our list a bit but I have a large family and we have a lot of close coworkers (we met at work) so there's only so many people we can cut out. 

I'd love to be able to do a lunch or dinner reception with food and at least beer and wine.  

Please, if anyone has any suggestions that fit these parameters, let me know! 

Thanks in advance!

Christine

Re: Budget Wedding Venues

• Options
    The Women's Club in Glen Ridge is nice.  I looked into the venue for my wedding.

The Bethwood might be an option, especially for a Sunday or a Saturday lunch reception.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi all, 

I am recently engaged and overwhelmed by the process of starting to plan.  I have looked into a majority of the cheaper wedding venues suggested on these boards, but I'm still having difficulty finding a venue within our price range.  

We are anticipating about 125 guests sometime between fall of 2017 and spring of 2018.  We live in North Jersey (where Morris, Passaic, and Sussex counties meet) but we're also open to any surrounding counties, or even eastern PA.  We were hoping to find a venue that is $85 max, including tax and tip, but are having trouble finding anything that fits those parameters.  

I'd really prefer to not have to go the DIY route but would be open to things like firehouses, Elks clubs, or women's clubs provided that tables and chairs are included and it doesn't look completely hideous. 

I know we may have to trim down our list a bit but I have a large family and we have a lot of close coworkers (we met at work) so there's only so many people we can cut out. 

I'd love to be able to do a lunch or dinner reception with food and at least beer and wine.  

Thanks in advance!

Christine
    You should read what has already been posted in this forum. I've answered similar questions within the past month. There's one called affordable north jersey wedding venues or something like that. It's a lot of information, so I don't want to type it all out again. But I suggest reading through everything before you post a new thread.
  • Options
    Try the Hanover Manor in East  Hanover!
  • Options
    Try Fiesta...don't remember what town it is in but they had great prices...we almost booked with them but then went with Mayfair Farms
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    We are getting married at the Camden County boathouse, and one of their caterers has been amazing in helping us plan. The boathouse is $2500 on a Saturday night, and the caterer, Kevin at Mcfaddens, is flexible budget wise while having incredible food. They also have a lakeside on site catering location. I can't recommend them enough.
  • Options
    nerdwife said:
    Hi all, 

Thanks in advance!

Christine
    You should read what has already been posted in this forum. I've answered similar questions within the past month. There's one called affordable north jersey wedding venues or something like that. It's a lot of information, so I don't want to type it all out again. But I suggest reading through everything before you post a new thread.
    If it's been posted within the past month on this board, I've definitely read it.  Most posts I've read have had slightly different guest counts and such so I thought I'd reach out anyway.  Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!  :)
  • Options
    Try the Graycliff, New York Country Club or the Bethwood 
  • Options
    do you mind sharing why you decided not to go with Fiesta? My fiance and I are planning on taking a tour this month
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards