Wedding Reception Forum

CHAIR COVERS!!!! HELP PLEAASEEE

My wedding is taking place in another state from which I live. My soon to be mother and law has been exceptional with helping me since she is in the state where it is all taking place. I purchased banquet chair covers only to find out the chairs are folding not banquet chairs. Has anyone used banquet style chair covers on folding chairs and did it work. I am 48 days away from my wedding and would hate to have to rent chairs or buy new chair covers at this point. 

Re: CHAIR COVERS!!!! HELP PLEAASEEE

• Is it possible to return the chair covers?
  • My wedding is taking place in another state from which I live. My soon to be mother and law has been exceptional with helping me since she is in the state where it is all taking place. I purchased banquet chair covers only to find out the chairs are folding not banquet chairs. Has anyone used banquet style chair covers on folding chairs and did it work. I am 48 days away from my wedding and would hate to have to rent chairs or buy new chair covers at this point. 
    This is not a problem requiring all caps and an incorrect spelling of the word "please."  Don't worry about chair covers.  As long as your guests have seats for their asses, all is well.  You can put this problem away and work on something else now.  Oh, and feel free to have a margarita and/or cupcake to relax.
  • I can return them but that's more to do and yes for me it was important. A simple yes or no would have been nice. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Freaking out about chair covers in all caps has to be the biggest first world problem ever.  JFC.  Have a margarita and return the chair covers.  

• OP - I've only remembered one wedding chair cover, and it was because it moved around on the folding chair. Most chair covers do not work on folding chairs. I would return them and then look for something else (bow or tulle) if you must have something partnered with your chair.

• Why on earth would chair covers ever be considered important?

• I have chair covers on my banquet chairs because the chairs are absolutely ugly where our reception is.  That's why it's important.  A wedding is a wedding and is important to any bride or groom.  If the "look" wasn't important to anyone, this entire website as well as many others wouldn't exist...it's full of ideas for you to create the right "look".  I'm quite surprised at all the remarks here that are less than helpful and actually scornful and I feel that is completely unnecessary.  

Send your in-law one chair cover and ask her to put it on the chair and send you a picture of it so you can see how it fits.  If you do not care for the look, you know you need to return the chair covers and do something else.  If you are fine with it, crisis averted.  Another option is to rent the chairs you want (that gets pricey but I don't know your budget).  Chair sashes and other types of wraps are very good at hiding imperfections so don't go nuts thinking you are judged by your chairs.  

We have DJ'd many weddings and I can tell you, yes it looks pretty but no one is looking at the covers in any detail whatsoever.  They are sitting on them and their backs are resting on them, then people are on the dance floor.  No one ever truly cares what the chair covers look like.  As long as your food and music are good, don't worry about it.  No one ever says "Oh my God do you remember her chair covers?"  Hope this is more helpful to you.
  • @countryup this post is almost 3 weeks ago ...
  • countryup said:
    I have chair covers on my banquet chairs because the chairs are absolutely ugly where our reception is.  That's why it's important.  A wedding is a wedding and is important to any bride or groom.  If the "look" wasn't important to anyone, this entire website as well as many others wouldn't exist...it's full of ideas for you to create the right "look".  I'm quite surprised at all the remarks here that are less than helpful and actually scornful and I feel that is completely unnecessary.  

Send your in-law one chair cover and ask her to put it on the chair and send you a picture of it so you can see how it fits.  If you do not care for the look, you know you need to return the chair covers and do something else.  If you are fine with it, crisis averted.  Another option is to rent the chairs you want (that gets pricey but I don't know your budget).  Chair sashes and other types of wraps are very good at hiding imperfections so don't go nuts thinking you are judged by your chairs.  

We have DJ'd many weddings and I can tell you, yes it looks pretty but no one is looking at the covers in any detail whatsoever.  They are sitting on them and their backs are resting on them, then people are on the dance floor.  No one ever truly cares what the chair covers look like.  As long as your food and music are good, don't worry about it.  No one ever says "Oh my God do you remember her chair covers?"  Hope this is more helpful to you.
    Nobody ever says "oh my God, do you remember the chairs?" either. I don't even know what the chairs at my own reception looked like.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016

The only details I care about for the banquet chair I'm going to sit in is the fact that 1) It exists...2) Can handle my bodyweight (some chairs aren't meant to hold a 100lb individual and are just for show, no function)...  3) Is it relatively clean (i.e. if it's fabric and has a "brown gravy" stain on the back of the seat - not o.k.)... 

OP - pull out a folding chair and try the cover out - you'll have your answer!  Chances are it'll fit but the top is going to be tall and you need to tuck it in at the top easy-peasy...  If you can return them if they don't, go for it or resell them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards