Flowers

Flowers for the hair

When I was getting quotes from florists, a lot of them were asking me if I'd need small flowers for my hair.  I never even thought about it.  I did want a hair piece of some sort.  I got a quote back from the florist I will be using at $17 for each comb.  I would like at least 3 on each side, so that's pretty pricey to me.

a) Is this a reasonable price to pay? (NY area)

b) Did anyone else have success with a real flower arrangement in their hair or maybe someone they know? Should I just go fake flowers from elsewhere?

Re: Flowers for the hair

• I personally would go with fake flowers because my hair is thick and weighs a ton, so my scalp gets really sweaty and any real flowers would wilt. Something to consider.
  • I'm going with dried flowers for my hair. Less $ (admittedly not sure for your area), they weigh less, and won't wilt. There are loads of sellers on etsy.

• The price seems pretty reasonable to me.  That's about what I normally see outside Philly for corsages, which are pretty similar amounts of work.   

That said, 9 combs seems like it would be a LOT of combs/flowers.  At that point, is a floral crown an option?  It would probably cost less than individual combs.  Do you have a picture of what you're thinking?
  • I'd decide how you want it to look first, and then get an actual quote done on that design. ...  I agree - 9 combs sounds more like a full crown or a "u" shaped one..  And, depending on the design, you may be able to go with loose flowers instead of combs...
  • actually, yes I was first looking at circlets, or crowns.  I never thought of the weight or wilting.  Maybe she could do a real crown then.....more things to think of. Thanks!

• I found lots of great artificial flower clips and crowns on Etsy! I'd talked to my florist about making one and she said a lot of the styles I liked were very delicate flowers and wouldn't hold up in my hair, especially since its outdoors.
  • I found lots of great artificial flower clips and crowns on Etsy! I'd talked to my florist about making one and she said a lot of the styles I liked were very delicate flowers and wouldn't hold up in my hair, especially since its outdoors.
    My sister got a gorgeous artificial crown on Etsy - it was so pretty and very reasonable too...
  • It really depends on where and when you're getting married, and what type of flowers. I got married in early October in central MA... it was a sunny, mild day, and my flowers held up beautifully throughout the evening! I had a crown of ivy, astilbe, and baby's breath. This picture is about halfway through the reception, you can see the crown is still holding up:
    That being said, if you're getting married on a warmer day, I could imagine that the flowers might wilt. 
  • Good call.  November for me, so I don't think they will.   I do LOVE your crown though.  Thanks for sharing!

• edited June 2016
    That looks more like a flower girl or junior bridesmaid, but it's still really pretty. I especially like the braids with the crown.

ETA: Just realized that this is a zombie thread. Oops!
  • Yes, I love flower on the hair. Actually i like all the natural flower. and especially, I like flower headband on the hair. I like flower ornaments. and i like to make it with different styles. Flower headband with natural flowers look awesome and pretty. <3

• Hey Knottie#'s and @viviy, this thread was started a year ago. Generally a thread is considered dead if there haven't been any new posts in a week or so. Feel free to start a new thread if you would like to continue the topic. 

Viviy, links for self promotion are against the TOS and will be flagged, @KnotRiley
  • That sounds gorgeous, although I can understand your concern regarding the price. If you end up going through with it, please send pictures! I'd love to see what the finished result looks like :)
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

That sounds gorgeous, although I can understand your concern regarding the price. If you end up going through with it, please send pictures! I'd love to see what the finished result looks like :)

@knottiec4928388aaeaed2, when you comment on a post, please check the date of the original poster as well as that of the last responder.  As you can see, this thread was started 15 months ago.  It is considered a dead/zombie thread.  If you have a question or comment, it is best to start a new thread. 

This board does not seem to have a mod, so @Liatris2010, is it possible you or someone else can close this one?