Not Engaged Yet

Thankful Thursday

13»

Re: Thankful Thursday

• Reading other boards and now have a random question for everyone:  Have you ever been invited to a wedding without your SO or has your SO been invited to a wedding without you?  What is your relationship like with the person that did the inviting?
  • @jenna8984 Lice can be super hard to get rid of. We have had girls with lice on my cheer team that I coach. You have to clean EVERYTHING and contain. There is also a thing called "Super lice" now that won't be killed by the chemicals. Many of the parents on my team have nightmares about their kids getting lice because of the whole getting rid of them process. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Oh gotcha. When we somehow got fleas (swear it was my brother's dog) we knew it sucked but we didn't freak out. We cleaned everything and when that didn't work, we called terminix and they sprayed and it was done. But I suppose if it doesn't kill the "super" lice then yea I'd freak.

@speakeasy14not that I can think of....I was thinking I've been invited to weddings alone before, but that was back when I was single.  

• This leftover thing at that restaurant is absolutely bizarre. 

@minskat30 I'm glad your meeting with your boss went well :)

@jenna8984 I think crying hysterically at work is way over the top. IDK I read an article recently by a doctor I think that pretty much said lice is not as big of a deal as most people make it out to be. 

@speakeasy14 The first wedding I was invited to without my SO was a cousin's when I was 17. I was not even 18 yet so I can understand that. The next was another cousin's when I was in my early 20's. My cousin knew I had been with H (BF at the time) for a few years. IDK if it's because my cousin was a guy and didn't get etiquette stuff or what. They had some other etiquette faux pas though going on with that wedding.
    My family had a get together not long after the invites went out and everyone was asking if me and S were going. I told them he wasn't invited. One of my aunts ending up calling my cousin later and asking why my BF wasn't invited and then she called me after to say he's now invited. lol

My BFF's sister was invited to a close family member's wedding without her BF of almost TEN YEARS. I know the length of the relationship doesn't matter but seriously, how fucking rude is that??

• @speakeasy14 BFs girl best friend is getting married in October. We haven't gotten an invite yet so idk of I'm invited or if he has a plus one, we are not close and I actually don't like her but we are polite and have hung out a few times since we met. That said, I would feel really disrespected if she didn't give him a plus one.
  • @speakeasy14 BF got "and guest"-ed to a wedding about 6 or so years ago. The couple is my cousin's step kids. They also addressed the thank you card to "Case & Guest". We were dating for about 7 years at that point and FB friends with both the bride and groom. BF was pissed! That's really the extent for us though.
    friends tv show funy
  • @jenna8984 - I've never had lice but I would 100% cry if I ever got it or there was even a chance of it. 

@speakeasy14 - I was invited to my half-sister's wedding without H. He was my BF at the time, we lived together, and had been in a relationship for 5 years (longer than her and her FI). It's a long ass story but I'd only met her 2x up until that point and H was with me both of those times as well. I declined the wedding (I even had to pay my own postage on the RSVP, for shame!) and our relationship really didn't change since we didn't really have one to begin with except that I judged the shit out of her for it. 

• Oh this wedding invite thing makes me think of something else - when me and H were still dating he got a save the date with a "plus one" from his roommates- who knew we were together and knew my name. Thank goodness the actual invite had my name on it!

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    Reading other boards and now have a random question for everyone:  Have you ever been invited to a wedding without your SO or has your SO been invited to a wedding without you?  What is your relationship like with the person that did the inviting?
    Trainwreck wedding I was in 5 years ago -- my best friend and I were not allowed dates because the bride did not meet/did not like them (we were both bridesmaids).  I was with my bf for a year at that point and my best friend had gotten back together with her bf who she had dated all through college. That among a ton of other reasons is why we are no longer friends.

I think 2 years ago (maybe 3) my bf went to his cousin's wedding.  I hadn't met that side of the family because they live on the west coast.  I was not invited.  It didn't bother me until I found out that my bf's brother's gf was invited.  It's his family so can't really do anything about it, but I did feel awkward at his cousin's wedding last year and that side of the family was asking how long we had been dating. 
  • @speakeasy14  When Matt's cousin got married I think they were just typing up the invites. We were living together in our own apt, I think together 2 1/2 yrs at this point? It came as "Matt & Spouse"

Honestly, in the future I don't see it happening because we share friends now or those we don't share friends know him or myself.
  • @eilis1228 YAY!!!!! Please come to ATL!!
  • @southernpeach89 I hope we're able to! It will depend on airfare and if my brother's house is built by then (so that he can accommodate OOT guests). I'll keep you updated!

@TwoDimes That candy dish is so cute! Honestly, I think you can leave it out for more than Easter. It doesn't scream Easter at me, and you could fill it with different kinds of candy to make it blend it with each holiday/season.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @speakeasy14 - Yup, H was invited to a wedding but we had just started dating.  He actually offered to skip the wedding altogether so he could hang out with me that weekend instead (ah, young love) but I told him to go, get hammered but not too hammered so he could tell me all about it (it was a super drunk fest of a Russian wedding).  :)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards