Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridal Party Jewelry

Would it be considered rude to ask my bridesmaids not to wear jewelry for my wedding (with the exception of their own wedding rings of course)? My dress is a high neck with lace, and I will most likely not be wearing any jewelry besides my engagement ring and wedding band:D 

Best Answer

Re: Bridal Party Jewelry

• It think it's not such a serious detail...will your BM's wear jewelry or not...Moreover, if you don't wear it, why shouldn't they do it? But you can ask them to wear something neutral, if they want to wear jewelry in any case.
  • Yes. Just let them wear, or not wear, whatever jewelry they want. 
  • Why the hell would it matter if they wore jewelry just because you aren't? Do you think you might get upstaged by a necklace?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I have items that I wear almost everyday. I would find it rude to be told not to wear something (same as having to wear matching items). It is not something that others will notice and when your wedding party is comfortable, they will be happier. Happier people make for better photographs.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    While you may have a high neck wedding dress, what are their dresses like? A simple necklace may compliment the neckline of their dress better.

No, I would not ask them to not wear jewelry- that's micro-managing. No one is going to compare them to you. If they ask about it, you can request they wear their own simple jewelry.
  • Yes, it's absolutely rude. And I can guarantee no one will be looking at what jewelry your BMs are wearing. 
  • I think it would be a bit off-putting, if not rude. I generally wear either earrings or a necklace (or both), particularly if I know I'll be in pictures, because they create the illusion of helping to define my jawline. I'd be really uncomfortable if I was asked not to wear earrings, even with a high-neckline BM dress where a necklace wouldn't be appropriate. 

Unless the BMs are wearing dresses that match yours, and people won't be able to tell who the bride is, coordinating their jewelry (or lack thereof) to yours is even more unnecessary than coordinating their jewelry to each other.  (Which is, as we all know, highly unnecessary to begin with.)
  • OP, what are your reasons for not wanting your BM's to wear no jewellery? I assume they are not wearing the same dress or shoes as you, probably not the same hair do.....so why do they have to match what you are doing for jewellery? I guess you are really lucky if this is your biggest concern. Don't mention jewellery at all, they'll figure it out themselves and no one will care either way.

• Why does it matter if they wear jewelry and you don't?  Really, why does this matter at all?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards