Wedding Invitations & Paper

When to send ?

My wedding is June 11th, and my RSVP date is May 28th. Do I send invites 6-8 weeks from the RSVP date, or the actual wedding date ?

I'm just trying to finish everything up and trying to decide if they should go out end of March, of middle of April.

Re: When to send ?

• Going to piggy back on this question--my wedding date is January 21, and three weeks before (usual RSVP response) is new year's, and 6-8 weeks before (typical invite send out) is crazy Christmas time...is it OK for me to send my invites in November and ask for an early December response? 
  • No. You really don't need to have responses 6 weeks before the wedding. I would have the responses due just after New Year's. Send the invitations 8 weeks out. Yes it is Christmas time but people will get them and will more likely read them just fine. If you send them too early, your guests could forget to RSVP because the invitations would be set aside since they arrived so early. Also, some people don't know their schedules (work) that far in advance.
  • Going to piggy back on this question--my wedding date is January 21, and three weeks before (usual RSVP response) is new year's, and 6-8 weeks before (typical invite send out) is crazy Christmas time...is it OK for me to send my invites in November and ask for an early December response? 
    No,  your RSVP date should be January 7.  You should send out your invitations around November 21st.  You have between the 7th and the 14th to make calls to anyone who DID misplace your invitation and forget to respond.  And you can still give your venue hard numbers a week out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards