Snarky Brides

What's wrong with the first picture?

Usually emails from bridal guide magazine just go to my spam folder but for some reason this one didn't and in light of all the brides complaining about their BMs shoes I thought I'd share:

I honestly see nothing wrong with the first photo. They all chose appropriate nude shades and looks like they all have different styles in shoes. The second one just seems so odd to me, are they clones or your actual friends?

Also has anyone ever hung up a picture of all your BMs shoes? I bet this pic doesn't make the cut for the photobook either...

It goes on to be an ad for Benjamin Walk shoes. My shoes were from Benjamin Walk and I love them. I did choose them b/c I could dye them a color of my choosing. I honestly have no clue what any of my bridesmaids wore for shoes...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's wrong with the first picture?

• Isn't it such a great idea to force your BMs to get dyed to match shoes?   I'm sure they'll love finding an outfit that will go with their blush wedges. 
  • Nothing?

I agree, each of the shoes in the first picture is neutral and goes with yellow.

I remember what shoes my WP wore, but not what other people's WP wore.

Who actually hangs a picture of shoes? And if you do, I think it would be more personal if all the shoes were different.

I have a couple shoe photos from when I was younger, and when I look at them, all the shoes are different and I can tell who every foot belongs to because each shoe reflects the person wearing it- that is what I take away from it.
  • Oh. My. Gosh.  You can't have silver shoes next to white shoes!!!!1!  What was  that bride thinking?!?  She needs a do over, stat. /sarcasm
  • I'm loving the shoes the gal on the right in the first picture is wearing.
  • I would absolutely never wear those heinous (2nd picture) shoes again. I defintiely don't mind being told a color/style, but that's way too matchy matchy for my taste! And also - those shoes are so ugly and childish!
  • True story: The last time I wore dyed shoes to match a dress was for my grade 8 grad. This was in 1990 when it was all the rage. 

I'm going back to my corner to feel old.
    I need to find a picture of myself at my 1990 grade 8 dance.  Black dress with GIANT polka dots on the layered skirt, black tights, WHITE shoes, hair up and curly with a GIANT turquoise bow in the back.  I thought I looked the bomb!!!
  • I've never had to dye shoes (and hopefully I never will).  When I was my SIL's bridesmaid I was lucky enough to find a pair of shoes that were already the right color.  But I like the idea of comfortable shoes, whether or not they match everyone else's (my SIL didn't require this, for which I am eternally grateful).
  • Why are the taking pictures of the bridesmaids legs to begin with? Who actually wants a picture of this?! 

• But, the skin tones in the second picture aren't the same. If you're going to be a matchy-matchy douche, don't half ass it.

That's why you need the hose you mandate to be all the same shade.
  • edited February 2016
    True story: The last time I wore dyed shoes to match a dress was for my grade 8 grad. This was in 1990 when it was all the rage. 

We're about the same age, @TrixieJess :) I did buy a pair of dye-to-match shoes the first time I was a bridesmaid, but it was my mother's idea, not the bride's. (The bride -- my high school BFF -- didn't care if we showed up in sneakers or combat boots as long as we supported her and had fun.)

If you must make your maids wear dyed-to-match shoes, at least tell them to buy a size larger than they normally wear. The dyeing process shrinks shoes, and I ended up with one pair of royal blue pumps that I couldn't wear at all and another that I never wore again.
  • adk19 said:
    True story: The last time I wore dyed shoes to match a dress was for my grade 8 grad. This was in 1990 when it was all the rage. 

I need to find a picture of myself at my 1990 grade 8 dance.  Black dress with GIANT polka dots on the layered skirt, black tights, WHITE shoes, hair up and curly with a GIANT turquoise bow in the back.  I thought I looked the bomb!!!
    LMAO! I wore a dress with purple and black horizontal stripes, a dropped waist, and some kind of cheesy appliqué for my freshman homecoming dance (1989). What was I thinking?

I dread Throwback Thursday all the time.
  • adk19 said:

LMAO! I wore a dress with purple and black horizontal stripes, a dropped waist, and some kind of cheesy appliqué for my freshman homecoming dance (1989). What was I thinking?

I dread Throwback Thursday all the time.
    I'm grateful that most of my friends are too lazy to convert our old pics to digital.
  •  

I'm grateful that most of my friends are too lazy to convert our old pics to digital.
    amen!
  • In the early 2000's I was BM and our long dresses were cream on top and this crazy iridescent green on the bottom.  We called it booger green.  We were asked to have our shoes dyed to match the green which was impossible because it was such a bizarre color.  All of our shoes were different shades and then obviously the color bled onto our feet.  The bride is actually wonderful but our ensemble was a bad call.  Makes a good story though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • But, the skin tones in the second picture aren't the same. If you're going to be a matchy-matchy douche, don't half ass it.

That's why you need the hose you mandate to be all the same shade.

a la the hooters girls hose
  • laurad75 said:
    In the early 2000's I was BM and our long dresses were cream on top and this crazy iridescent green on the bottom.  We called it booger green.  We were asked to have our shoes dyed to match the green which was impossible because it was such a bizarre color.  All of our shoes were different shades and then obviously the color bled onto our feet.  The bride is actually wonderful but our ensemble was a bad call.  Makes a good story though. 
    Dyed shoe color bleeds onto your feet?  So glad I missed the peak of that trend.  Hopefully Pinterest won't bring it back too much. 
  • laurad75 said:
    In the early 2000's I was BM and our long dresses were cream on top and this crazy iridescent green on the bottom.  We called it booger green.  We were asked to have our shoes dyed to match the green which was impossible because it was such a bizarre color.  All of our shoes were different shades and then obviously the color bled onto our feet.  The bride is actually wonderful but our ensemble was a bad call.  Makes a good story though. 
    Dyed shoe color bleeds onto your feet?  So glad I missed the peak of that trend.  Hopefully Pinterest won't bring it back too much. 
    Mine didn't bleed into my feet. They didn't shrink either. I found out the hard way that the color will bleed out if it gets wet since I took them on our honeymoon and wore them on the beach one night and the heels got a tiny bit wet on the bottom. They now look a bit ombre on the heel but that's fine, I suppose if the whole shoe got wet it'd probably bleed onto your foot.

These were the shoes I picked and the color I picked, I'd be pissed if I had to get the same shoes as everyone and more pissed if I had to pay to dye them a color I'll never wear with anything again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    laurad75 said:
    OMG, I'm pretty sure I wore the same dress as a junior BM in about 1993. Except the bottom was iridescent purples. Our shoes were dyed pink to match the accent color.
  • I'm dying all my actual bridesmaids so they have the same colour of skin.  Didn't really think this was weird before now.  We did look at sun beds but it wasn't a perfect match.
    A nice shade of aqua?  Are you from the Hunger Games Capitol?
  • No but one of my themes is!  I have decided that this is the most important thing about our wedding day. 
  • adk19 said:
    I'm dying all my actual bridesmaids so they have the same colour of skin.  Didn't really think this was weird before now.  We did look at sun beds but it wasn't a perfect match.
    A nice shade of aqua?  Are you from the Hunger Games Capitol?
    OMG, I'm dying laughing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards