Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Alfred Angelo for men's?

Hi,

We are having the most difficult time finding neckwear (bowties or ties) and vests that come in Alfred Angelo colors, specifically "Purple Storm".

I know they've just partnered with Xedo suit rentals, but it doesn't work for us for a couple of reasons:

1. They don't ship to Canada

2. They don't carry vests in Purple Storm.

Does anyone know of any retailers that do match to Alfred Angelo colors? I've looked on Etsy, Mens Wearhouse etc and haven't found anything!

Thank you!

Re: Alfred Angelo for men's?

• Options
    Well the ties don't really have to match, they just have to coordinate.  So I would take the purple storm swatch and go to a local department store and find some patterned bow ties or neck ties that go well with the swatch.  Or you could even go with neutral colors like champagne, grey, silver, etc.

• Options
    I'm not a fan of matchy-matchy vests.  Traditional tuxedo vests are black.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Colored vests look so high school prom. Another vote for black or otherwise neutral.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Well the ties don't really have to match, they just have to coordinate.  So I would take the purple storm swatch and go to a local department store and find some patterned bow ties or neck ties that go well with the swatch.  Or you could even go with neutral colors like champagne, grey, silver, etc.
    Silver or champagne would look snazzy with purple, or a charcoal gray.
  • Options
    I'd agree with PP. I'd do a vest to match the suit, and then accent with coordinating ties or pocket squares or something. We're doing grey suits with grey vests, but each of the GM has a different, but coordinating tie, and I think it's going to look great, if I do say so myself.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    Those satin vests are not meant to be worn with suits, only tuxedos.  A suit vest should be of the same color and fabric as the suit.  Tuxedos are traditionally worn with black ties - hence the term "black tie".  The matchy thing only happened about 25 years ago.  Honestly, I laughed when I first saw it in a display window at a rental store.

Now THIS is what a man wearing a tuxedo should look like!  Sigh!
    James Bond Poster

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards