Wedding Party

Bridal party "gift"

I am strongly considering, rather than giving a tangible bridal party gift, to bring all my girls to the nail salon for manicures and pedicures before the wedding with some mimosas or champagne. The salon has already agreed to this (they regularly serve wine to their guests). Is this acceptable? Will they be expecting more? Thanks for the help!

Re: Bridal party "gift"

• I am strongly considering, rather than giving a tangible bridal party gift, to bring all my girls to the nail salon for manicures and pedicures before the wedding with some mimosas or champagne. The salon has already agreed to this (they regularly serve wine to their guests). Is this acceptable? Will they be expecting more? Thanks for the help!

That sounds nice, but it's not a gift. You should shop for your bridesmaids individually as you would for their birthday or Christmas (so also none of that matchy-matchy "Bridesmaid" crap).
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited March 2016
    Maybe you should read that book you suggested yesterday. 

Edited to remove TOS violation

• I am strongly considering, rather than giving a tangible bridal party gift, to bring all my girls to the nail salon for manicures and pedicures before the wedding with some mimosas or champagne. The salon has already agreed to this (they regularly serve wine to their guests). Is this acceptable? Will they be expecting more? Thanks for the help!

That sounds nice, but it's not a gift. You should shop for your bridesmaids individually as you would for their birthday or Christmas (so also none of that matchy-matchy "Bridesmaid" crap).
    It is not a tangible gift, but it is still a gift in the sense that their nails are not my responsibility to pay for. And yes, I agree will the matchy bridesmaid crap, including matching wedding jewelry! Hate that...
  • Ok, thanks for the input. I just thought that since this is something they are already going to do, that it would help them out financially, after their expenses of being a bridesmaid. 
  • Slow night, @Knottie71949479 ? Wow, sure an impressive amount of questions you have tonight. It's almost like each question manages to hit on hot button topics that you know posters will respond to. Almost like you planned it that way.

• Ok, thanks for the input. I just thought that since this is something they are already going to do, that it would help them out financially, after their expenses of being a bridesmaid. 
    Something they're already going to do? Everyone is by their own choice and not at all your suggestion going to get manicures the day before your wedding? How interesting.
    Something they're already going to do? Everyone is by their own choice and not at all your suggestion going to get manicures the day before your wedding? How interesting.
    Yes, it is by their own choice. I have not spoken about manicures at all. They have asked me when I'm going so they can join me. Thanks anyways though. 
  • If manicures are something you've told them to get for the wedding day, then you should be paying for those and they're not a gift if they're required.
  • geebee908 said:
    If manicures are something you've told them to get for the wedding day, then you should be paying for those and they're not a gift if they're required.
    I have no told anyone to get anything. They have told me they're going to get it, and have asked me when I'm going to get mine done so they can join. 
  • No, their gifts should in no way be tied to the wedding.  Shop for each girl like it is their birthday.  

• edited March 2016
    levioosa said:
    No, their gifts should in no way be tied to the wedding.  Shop for each girl like it is their birthday.  
    Ok. That seems to be the general consensus. So then when they all join me to get their nails done (on their own free will. I have not required this) will it be expected that I pay for them? It is rude to just pay for myself? 
  • levioosa said:
    No, their gifts should in no way be tied to the wedding.  Shop for each girl like it is their birthday.  
    Ok. That seems to be the general consensus. So then when they all join me to get their nails done (on their own free will. I have not required this) will it be expected that I pay for them? It is rude to just pay for myself? 
    I think this is one of those situations where phrasing matters.  If you let them know that you are getting your nails done and they are welcome to join at X time and place, then they know it's not being covered by you and they can make their own decision to go.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards