Nevada-Las Vegas

Calico Basin+Maggiano's questions

Hello everyone,

First question here! I can already tell you are all going to be a lot of help.

I have Red Rock Canyon (Calico Basin) and Maggiano's (Calabria room) all booked for my wedding on 10/29.

I have a few questions I am hoping a bride who has had her wedding/knows of this places, can answer:

Calico basin has a rule against "amplified music." However, they said we could use mics for vows/officiant, which is amplified it seems....? My photographer said she has been to other weddings there where they had recorded music for the processional "amplified quietly". I emailed BLM and asked if it could be played through mic amplification, they said it was fine as long as it wasn't amplified?!? Not sure what that means...help! Are there "BLM police" around watching? Suggestions?

In the area where weddings are (the little platform) are there ever people standing there or is that area for weddings only? Will people need to be kicked out or just told there is a wedding? I believe they can just hang out because it is a public space, but was hoping for people's experiences with this.

At Maggiano's, we will have 35-40 people in the Calabria room. I have seen a lot of posts about people also getting the DiCarlo room for the dance floor. We aren't paying to rent a dance floor (just going to use carpet). However, has anyone had the setup with 4 rounds, the sweetheart table, a cake table, plus smaller table for guestbook or etc, with space for dancing? Does this actually work? No DJ for us. 

Renting mics at Maggiano's, is this extra?

Any photos of any the above would be great!!

Cheers and thanks a bunch,

Kimberly

Re: Calico Basin+Maggiano's questions

• Hi, we had our reception at Maggianos last month. We had 41 people including ourselves at 5 rounds. We had no cake table or sweetheart table. We had both the Di Carlo and Calabria room and feel it was the perfect size for this number. I think it would be a tight squeeze with just the Calabria if u also want a dance floor, but Im sure it can be done. I think it does cost extra for mics, they sent a price list to us with a list of extras. You can kind of get an idea of the layout on the photo attached. We had four rounds directly in front of the bar and the fifth by the far wall. The photo shows only the Calabria side behind this was the Di Carlo which we just used as a dancefloor
  • Thanks for that! What was the minimum to have both rooms? I don't know if the other is even available. Is there a partition between the two? Or two separate rooms? I would want them to be all the same space. THANKS for the feedback!
  • Its partitioned, but its opened out into one big room. The minimum spend when we booked was $4,500, for the two rooms and you also have to pay an xtra 20% of this for an 'event fee'. Ive attached a pic of the other half of the room that we used as a dance floor.
  • Thanks for the photos and info!
  • Its partitioned, but its opened out into one big room. The minimum spend when we booked was $4,500, for the two rooms and you also have to pay an xtra 20% of this for an 'event fee'. Ive attached a pic of the other half of the room that we used as a dance floor.
    Hi, I Hope you don't mind me asking which Elvis you used? I'm planning from England and want an Elvis for part of the reception. Was he good?

Thank you very much in advance
    Tina
    PS congratulations 
  • Hi Tina, we used Travis Allen, he was very good our guests loved him. He was 600$ for a half hour, which included 5 songs and photos. This was more expensive than other ones but he does the Elvis show in PH amd we were able to use this booking to meet our minimum spend on the room.

• Great thank you. 
    We have looked at him but too expensive for what we are after :) thanks
  • Great thank you. 
    We have looked at him but too expensive for what we are after :) thanks
  • I think Rev. Roland does just regular Elvis entertainment too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards