Wedding Reception Forum

Evening Wedding Timeline - Double Check

I'm just looking to double check that I haven't missed anything with my timeline or committed any blunders. Could have xp to etiquette, but I hate cross posts.

**Ceremony and reception are in same venue. No gap or travel for guests.

6pm - ceremony  (non-religious, no bridal party, no readings/extras)

615pm - cocktails (fully hosted with food and drink)

7pm - dinner (fully hosted with food and drink)

No dancing, tosses or extra speeches. We will make a thank you speech at some point (thinking just before dinner is served) but otherwise devote between courses to visiting each table.

We have the venue until midnight (and we will stay until last guest leaves), but I expect most of our guests will be leaving around 9 or 10pm.

All pictures except for quick family groupings will be done prior to ceremony.

Anything I've missed or need to tweak?

Re: Evening Wedding Timeline - Double Check

• I know this isn't a timeline thing (timeline looks fine), but will you have background music since you won't be having dancing? Soft background music would be a nice element. Oh one other thing, are you having a cake cutting?
  • Will you have a cake cutting?

Also, does no dancing mean no spotlight dances, or no dancing at all? Will there be any entertainment beyond dinner & conversation? If no, I think this timeline is good. If there will be entertainment, I'd spread things out so the cake cutting is a little later (9 or 10, after people have had time to digest).
  • @ILoveBeachMusic and @JediElizabeth sorry, meant to include that there will be no cake cutting as no cake will be served. We are doing two different dessert options (panna cotta and dark chocolate brulee) instead! Background music is iPod playlist that FI is currently working on. Absolutely no dancing as FI hates dancing and no other forms of entertainment. Ceremony will have a guitarist but he will finish up during cocktail time.

Thanks for the thoughts! 

• ernursej said:

@ILoveBeachMusic and @JediElizabeth sorry, meant to include that there will be no cake cutting as no cake will be served. We are doing two different dessert options (panna cotta and dark chocolate brulee) instead! Background music is iPod playlist that FI is currently working on. Absolutely no dancing as FI hates dancing and no other forms of entertainment. Ceremony will have a guitarist but he will finish up during cocktail time.

Thanks for the thoughts! 

Sounds like you have everything covered! Panna cotta - YUM!
  • @ILoveBeachMusic - panna cotta is FI's favourite dessert. Will likely have some sort of berry flavour mixed in. I'm the chocolate lover. The more chocolate, the better!
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Looks good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards