Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

heels on grass

Weather permitting, my ceremony will be outside on grass.  I don't want to sink in trying to walk down the aisle.  Did anyone purchase heel protectors for their wedding and have recommendations?  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: heels on grass

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I purchased Sole Mates for my heels and they were absolutely perfect! I had no issues with stability or with my heels sinking into the grass. You should definitely check them out! It was kind of expensive for little pieces of plastic but they were 100% worth it!

https://www.thesolemates.com/

• Options

Soulmates can/do work, but if the ground is particularly soft for whatever reason, they can pop off and only help so much.

I'd probably get the soul mates as plan A and then buy a pair of wedges as plan B in case the ground is really soft. You can always return the shoes if you don't end up wearing them.

*********************************************************************************

• Options
    I bought heel covers at DSW and they worked great. 
  • Options
    Unlike the other posters, I haven't had good luck with heel protectors. I'd personally go with wedges or another option.
  • Options
    If you're going to wear heels definitely get heel protectors, but make sure they're the correct size for your heel width. I didn't get any and I wish i did! I was sinking into the ground the entire ceremony!!! A couple of my BM's had them, one of them said hers fell off, so they may have been too big. Otherwise go with flats or wedges for your ceremony. I'm assuming you'll be standing a long time, you can always change into the heels later if you need to.
  • Options
    I opted for wedges and so did my bridesmaids for fear of protectors not working. As it turned out the grass was fine so I don't think anyone would have sunk in anyway
  • Options
    Wear flats - it's just not worth it unless you know the ground is going to be dried out rock hard to wear anything else - including a wedge. 
  • Options
    If you decide to go the heel protector route, be sure to check that they fit your heels! I foolishly waited until morning of to put them on, and they didn't fit. I didn't trust my heels in the grass, so I did my ceremony barefoot. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thanks gang.  I ordered the sole mates that @labrorecommended and hopefully they will do the trip.  My dress has already been hemmed so I don't want to wear flats.  Hopefully the ground will be fine but I want to be safe.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards