Not Engaged Yet

Tired Tuesday

13»

Re: Tired Tuesday

• @audrewuh @labro I agree- I get more done the days from home because I'm like "they are trusting me, can't blow this" whereas in the office I'm like screw today- I'm internetting all day! lol

• Re: WFH-- some days I am waaaay more productive at home than I am in the office, and some days I monitor email while watching Netflix and do the bare minimum. It's a toss up.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @beanbot2002 OMG I am so relieved for you!!! That makes SUCH a huge difference when the issue is with the sewer that isn't on your side of the line! I'm so glad they are fixing it all!

All the vibes to your H for both the Sheetz interview and the jail officer position!!!

• @beanbot2002 - All the vibes to your H!  Also, that is fantastic news about the plumbing situation and I'm SO happy you don't have to pay that out of pocket!!!

@audrewuh - I can't believe I'm saying this but "Yea for period arrival finally!"  I hope your week isn't too stressful until Thursday and you can enjoy it after that!
  • @labro there are worse wormholes to be in ... and now I'm right there with you.

I feel like my nickname for my mum's cat - Storm - should be there because I typically call her that more than her name.
    Dusty Springboard.
    She's tiny so gets into dusty areas and acts like she's on a springboard. LMAO 
  • @misskittydanger is your mom's pneumonia gone? or at least getting better?

• @jenna8984  she's still coughing but now has a sinus infection! She works 2 jobs and did a lot of hours, so I think her body is rebelling :( Very kind of you to think of her :)
    Btw how is baby today?
  • @CocoBellaF the floors look amazing!
    @audrewuh enjoy every second of those pancakes!

re: WFH - I can't work from home because of the nature of my position.  But in certain situations my boss is beyond understanding.  He also allows me to be flexible with my schedule.  I also work well after I have come home and on weekends, so there's that too.  What makes me ragey is one guy on our team who is a manager and often works from home, yet does not allow his team to do the same.  I'm sorry how are you able to manage others from your home, but they cannot complete tasks while home!?

re Easter: I forgot I was off Friday, but have been making plans with my mom for food for Easter.  I grew up Catholic so it has always been a big deal in my family.  My mom usually hosts Easter, but since it is so close to my sister's due date, it is just going to be immediate family.  We'll celebrate with my extended family after Emmy is born (this way my grandma only has to make one trip).  The plan is to spend the day with my bf's extended family and then the evening with my family.  
  • @misskittydanger that's good, that's one of those tough ones where you really need to be out of work and just rest til it goes away! Baby is doing great in there, still haven't felt kicks yet but that's ok. My friend confirmed my shower date in June so I'm looking forward to that!

• I completely keep forgetting that Easter is this weekend. I don't get Friday off and actually have a major out-of-office thing for work that day. I imagine on Sunday I will go to my parents but I'm unsure if I should extend the invite to BF or not, I mean it's Easter dinner and my mom makes ham (I'm pretty sure it's actually turkey ham, she fries it up and it's SO GOOD, but I'm not 100% sure) but BF is Jewish. I guess I can extend the invite and let him decide. 

Sidenote, I got a promotional email from Starbucks and they are making a Caramelized Honey Latte. Omg. Many years ago there was a honey frappuccino or something like that and I LOVED IT, it hasn't been back in ages. This might get me to go back to my local sbux this week. Lately I've been going to a local coffee shop which is wayyyy better. But they don't have caramelized honey lattes...

• labrolabro member
    @wink0ern Omg that latte sounds delicious!!! Did the email say when it's coming out? I wanna try it!

@caseface5 Yummm zoodles! I just snuck a peek at the carpet and I am so excited! It's not done yet but already my house looks like a normal home and less like it belongs to some old lady who hasn't updated in decades!!

• @labro It says "available in participating stores" which I guess could mean now, but I'll wait a couple days since my location is always late!

• labrolabro member
    wink0erin said:
    @labro It says "available in participating stores" which I guess could mean now, but I'll wait a couple days since my location is always late!
    Well I know where I'm going tomorrow!!

• @beanbot2002 Thank you! You're so awesome! I told the nanny that us holding her is not the issue of her having shortened nap times at home. I find it ridiculous that she believes that Callie knows that I will give her attention so that's the reason why she won't sleep for me. Absolutely ridiculous. Ugh I'm just so tired lol. 
  • Ughhhh my workload just got even more intense. I now have three things that involve major work and need to have them all turned in THIS WEEK. One wasn't supposed to need to be dealt with until next week, and another was supposed to be the week after that. Nope, they all need done now. Oh, and I will be out of office Friday for another work thing that will take me all day Thursday to prep for. I currently want to throw myself off the building. 

• I am so brain dead after that two-hour meeting with one of my publishers. I thought it was going to be a meet and greet and a demo, and it turned into a brass knuckles sales planning meeting that I was not prepared for in the least. And again, it lasted TWO HOURS. Luckily they provided lunch, but omg. Can I go home now?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @alpacina is there a way to text a gif so it shows up like a gif? Or is the only way for it to be a link they have to click on?

• @jenna8984 - I just text them the url for the gif itself. I wish I could text a gif! I don't know if you can!

• @Alpacina I think I have texted gifs by saving it onto my phone (like an image) and then sending it. I can't promise that though. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards