Wedding Woes

*crickets* Friday?

Did everyone but me get Good Friday off?  

Soooooooo ready for the weeekend!

Re: *crickets* Friday?

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Ha, I'll delete mine
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Is everyone on spring break already? Easter plans?

I have a landscaper coming today for yet another quote.  I'm over it.  I need to boil eggs to decorate, but blergh.  I did manage to find the dye I bought last year and our baskets.

Sunday I'll be at the 7:30 Mass because anything after that is far too much of a melee to even attempt.  We'll hunt here after then hit my mom's house.
  • @6fsn, I posted your Easter beer hunt idea in one of my groups and members are going made for it.  I think we're going to do it next year with a regular hunt for the kids and then the adult version.

I don't actually have anything on my calendar except a Saturday night show, but I might skip it.  I've got quite a bit of paperwork to do for committee work, but I can be luxurious with my time on it as long as it's finished this weekend.
  • I have 3 of the grandkids today, DIL is a teacher and they have inservice.  I'm going to start cleaning as soon as she picks them up.  I have everybody at my house for Easter Sunday after church.  I'm making ham but going through recipes looking for different than usual sides. Oldest DD and her family are on vacation so we will miss them but had a mini celebration last sunday and all the grandkids dyed their eggs, we made 6 dozen!  I wanted them plus niece to all have their own dozen to take home. 
  • Everyone is home today.  FIL, SIL, BIL, and new nephew descend upon our house today.  FIL and DH are going to put in our new water heater, when it gets delivered (which I asked for an ASAP morning appt for today, and nothing yet).  I'm trying to work and clean.  I think I'm going to knock off early and go to the store to get ready for DefConn's bday (tomorrow) and Easter.  That way I'm not out until midnight trying to get shit pulled together. 
  • No, I'm at work too... Sigh. At least the commute was easy!

Your respective Easter plans sound really nice! I have brunch with all the in-laws. Mmmm.....brunch. 

• Working as usual today - no Easter/Spring break here.

Went to Dr. yesterday for continued sore throat.  She switched me to a different class of antibiotics to start tomorrow morning if things aren't clear by tomorrow.  

After work we are going in to renew our lease.  We have a few negotiating requests so we'll see how that goes.

Saturday, DH is making dinner rolls and I'll be making a lemon dessert for Sunday.

Sunday we are headed to my brother's home for Easter dinner after church.
  • @MNNEBride,  I am sorry for your strep saga.  That sucks. 
  • Thanks, @mrs.conn23 !  Hoping this will kick it to the curb for good.  Fortunately, I don't really feel ill, just sore throat and one plugged ear.
  • I'm at work today, but only until Noon. Then I'm meeting up with a friend for mani/pedis and an afternoon cocktail!

This weekend we are having all of the ham. Easter dinner tomorrow at my parents' house (ham) and then Easter dinner on Sunday at H's parents (MIL cooks ham and lamb, but neither of us eat lamb, so ham again).
  • I'm trying to write all day today, which of course means I'm on TK. I'm blaming my writers block on the fact that I came to a coffee shop to work and I forgot my headphones. Total first world problems. 

No Easter plans for us. We just got back from the house hunting trip, classes start again on Monday and I travel the next two weekends for work. 
  • Ugh, MNNE.  I hope things are cleared up soon.  Strep for a month is just awful.

I need to boil eggs so we can dye.  The girls are still at the ILs' house.  They might come home tonight, maybe tomorrow.  I haven't cleaned their rooms like I planned to but I have enjoyed getting other things done.

Sunday we're going to my parents' house for lunch and a huge egg hunt (my mom fills 400 eggs for 8 grandkids).  I really have no idea what we'll do when it rains.  Then we'll go to the ILs' house for dessert later that day.

I need new pillows.  Mine are misshapen and flat and lumpy at the same time.  I have a hard time getting comfortable.

• @MNNEBride Strep sucks - but strep for a month sucks even worse! I'm sorry you're feeling lousy. Have you tried changing your toothbrush? You could be reinfecting yourself with your old one...
  • @MNNEBride Strep sucks - but strep for a month sucks even worse! I'm sorry you're feeling lousy. Have you tried changing your toothbrush? You could be reinfecting yourself with your old one...
    Yes, twice.  And disinfected anything else I put in my mouth regularly ...
    Water bottle, travel mug for coffee, etc.
  • Technically my office is closed today, but here I am, sitting at my desk.  I got a 5pm email from a client last night asking about a change to a project and I didn't want to put it off until Monday.  I'll probably only be working 1/2 day today, though.  DH has to work all day today and so now I don't feel as guilty about having the day off while he worked, since I'm working part of the day. Especially since I ruined his excuse to call in today.  He got a nail in his tire yesterday (non-repairable) and was going to put off fixing it last night, so it would give him an excuse to not work today.  But, I convinced him to take it to Discount Tire last night, so he was a bit annoyed that I ruined his excuse.  The tire was leaking, but wasn't flat yet.  If he waited until today, he would have a flat tire that he'd have to switch to the spare before going in, so it would have been a lot more work. He finally agreed that fixing it last night was the best thing to do. Plus, he paid for a mid-grade tire, then they realized that they really didn't have that one in stock, so they upgraded him to a much better tire ($80/tire more and 75k mile instead of 50k mile) for no additional cost. Probably wouldn't have happened if we hadn't been there 10 minutes before closing, so they were rushing to sell and get us out.

• MNNEBride said:
    @MNNEBride Strep sucks - but strep for a month sucks even worse! I'm sorry you're feeling lousy. Have you tried changing your toothbrush? You could be reinfecting yourself with your old one...
    Yes, twice.  And disinfected anything else I put in my mouth regularly ...
    Water bottle, travel mug for coffee, etc.
    Ugh! I'm so sorry! Please feel better!!
  • I'm here. No days off for us in the US. Every other country though.... 

I had had hoped is be able to leave early but after a 45 min call with someone I am realizing I have to hop on my broomstick and be a witch to people which means documenting out the ass everything I say and do. DS is home today and while I've got him doing a few chores, he keeps pausing to come talk to me so that doesn't help.  My parents and grandparents are coming over tomorrow night so I've got to get food ready, clean the house, and do a bunch of other things in the next 24 hrs. Sunday we are doing fancy brunch for Easter so please pray for me that my children behave.
  • Is it bad I kind of want this Ted Cruz Affair story to be real because it would liven up my Friday?
  • "working" here, deep in the pollen-y South. But everyone else in my dept took the day off so i'm all alone. 
    "It's like a Lifetime Christmas movie, only better!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was at work till 1:00, and the morning was out of control. One emergency after another, my boss is on vacation, and my other boss was at court. Then picked up cat litter, took the dog to the vet, called my other job to confirm that I got the message about not needing to come in tomorrow, and am now going grocery shopping. FW wants to go to a Good Friday concert tonight, but I'm exhausted, so I told her I didn't want to keep her from going. I may get a second wind or just curl up with a book while she's there.
  • Bosses let me leave at 12:15 since I worked solo Wed/Thurs while they packed up their house for next week's move. Met my mom for lunch and shopping. H's birthday is Thursday the 31st, so tomorrow I'm taking him up the mountain for lunch, chocolate shopping, and cider tasting. We were going to go last weekend but he was miserably sick with a sinus infection. Hopefully this weekend will be more fun than last.
  • Our anniversary was yesterday, so we went out to dinner , and tonight my spring break starts. Woot!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards