Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I have my answer.

Re: Thanks

• That might have been the fastest DD I've seen...

• OP, deleting your original post is very rude.  It is also pointless, since you were quoted.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Omg major eyeroll

1- people's significant others are not plus ones, they must be imvited

2- you literally TOLD THEM to ask about plus ones. Why are you now confused they did. 
    My eyes were rolling too as I thought "Not again!!"
  • Thanks for the feedback. I have my answer.

The question, @Knottie2373582, remains.  Will you respect the answer, and your guests, and include all SO's on your guest list?
  • monkeysip said:
    You don't want to have to meet anyone new on your wedding day? 

That might be the absolute stupidest thing I've ever heard. 
    This drives me crazy.  It's not like we're saying to invite random strangers to your wedding.  They're NOT a stranger--they're your friend/family member's significant other.  That should make them at least a little significant to you.  You should WANT to meet them!
    It's such a bullshit excuse too, what if your spouse has a distant aunt they love but that lives so far away, you've never met them but want to invite them? I really hate when people say "I don't want to have to meet anyone for the first time on my wedding day" because it makes no sense. It's not like you're inviting random people off the street, you're invite your closest friends and family and people that are significant to them.

I feel like we have to explain like twice a week that a plus one is for truly single people and someone's SO isn't a plus one and they should be invited by name no matter if you've met them or not.

If you won't respect their relationship how can you expect them to want to celebrate yours? This is a good way to show your friends and family just how little you care about them and just how much you care about yourself.
    I feel like I say this on every post about this, but yes I met a lot of people on my wedding day. We got married in the city H and I went to grad school, where my family and his brother and SIL live. i had met his close family, but I met a lot of aunts, uncles, spouses that day. It was great! Again it's not like these are strangers, their your friends' partners, respect them like you would want you FI respected. 
  • But guys....now they're spending money not only on strangers but strangers getting drunk on their open bar tab.  There's nothing speshul snowflakes hate more!

You know as well as I do that Speshul Snowflakes shouldn't have to pay for ANYONE to get drunk on their dime, Kimmi. These 150 guests flying solo are probably being treated to ice water and black coffee because Uncle Jack once knew an alcoholic. 
    <sarcasmfont> I'm not serving truly singles from the open bar because I don't trust their judgment.  Clearly, they are incapable of finding a soulmate, so how can I trust them on the most important day of my life?  They will be allotted one bottle of Cooks Brut per table to share for the toast.  </sarcasmfont>
  • But guys....now they're spending money not only on strangers but strangers getting drunk on their open bar tab.  There's nothing speshul snowflakes hate more!

You know as well as I do that Speshul Snowflakes shouldn't have to pay for ANYONE to get drunk on their dime, Kimmi. These 150 guests flying solo are probably being treated to ice water and black coffee because Uncle Jack once knew an alcoholic. 
    <sarcasmfont> I'm not serving truly singles from the open bar because I don't trust their judgment.  Clearly, they are incapable of finding a soulmate, so how can I trust them on the most important day of my life?  They will be allotted one bottle of Cooks Brut per table to share for the toast.  </sarcasmfont>
    One bottle is all it takes. Best not invite them at all.

• I really don't get how anyone can talk about 150 people being their closest family and friends. Maybe I'm just antisocial or it's that DH and I have small families...

But anyways for lurkers the amount of time you get to spend with guests at your wedding is astoundingly small and this is coming from someone who had 40 guests. We made table visits and talked to everyone and tried to dance with anyone we could and still it felt like such a short time with each person. I doubt you'll really notice these people's SOs or plus ones that you haven't met and you don't really need to say too much to them besides an 'it's so nice to meet you glad you came' as I doubt they are expecting to have a full on conversation with you if they know it's a large wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards