Nevada-Las Vegas

Married 3-14-16! Silver Sky Chapel, Vista Suite, Sauced, Retro Bakery

We got married on 3/14 at the Silver Sky Chapel in the Linq! I used this website to plan every detail of our day, so I want to pay it forward with some reviews of our own. We were on a tight budget, so we did our best to make a dollar scream!

The Linq/Silver Sky Chapel - A+
Iliana was our coordinator, and was great with communication and very patient with me throughout the process. We went to the chapel the day before the ceremony to select our lighting color and get a quick rundown of what to expect. The day of, everything was just lovely. The chapel was gorgeous. The officiant met with my husband and I before hand to get a feel for the style of ceremony we wanted, and she nailed it. She had EVERYONE in tears by the end of the ceremony. The photographer was kind, and did an amazing job at maximizing the time we had for photos. I just received the link, and the pictures are very nice. If I can figure out how to share them, I definitely will! This was about $370 with taxes, plus $75 for the officiant. We stayed 1 night in the hotel as well, and the rooms were small - but very nice. I was genuinely impressed. Great location on the strip too! 

Vista Suite at Mandalay Bay - A-
The suite itself was gorgeous. Nothing like the photos - 100 times better! It had plenty of seating for the 25 guests we hosted, and everyone was in awe of the amazing views. I have a quick video tour I will post as well. The negatives - the tv behind the bar and the tv in the bedroom weren't functioning. But we were able to connect our phones via Bluetooth to play music over the speakers and it still worked out perfectly for our reception and a romantic night alone after. We got the room for one night, and I was able to check in at 10 am for a $35 fee. All together, we paid about $570. We also bagged everything up and left everything by the door with a thank you note and a couple $20s for housekeeping. We had no issues there. 

Sauced Catering - A+
Communication via email was slow, but once we got everything selected and the deposit paid, there were no issues. The food was delicious, and less than half what we would have spent at Masterpiece. That being said, we only wanted drop off service. If you're looking for any kind of staff, Masterpiece might be a better fit. We had the blackened shrimp, mini stuffed peppers, bratwurst pretzel bowls, and pulled pork sliders. We also had a fruit tray and crudité. All together, to feed 25, this was $405 plus tip. 

Retro Bakery - A
We got 3 dozen cupcakes - 1 dozen chocolate fountain, 1 dozen chocolate chip cookie, and 1 dozen hopscotch. They were all delicious! We are still eating them today. We also got a cupcake tower - I would recommend skipping this and buying one from Amazon ahead of time. The tower served its purpose, but it was made entirely of styrofoam. For the $20 I paid, I could have gotten better quality elsewhere. We ended up tossing the tower the next morning. All together, we spent about $110. 

We used Lee's Discount to buy the alcohol. (And we have WAY too much leftover) But the staff were so helpful, and helped me get the most bang for my
buck. We over bought by a lot a lot, and only spent $180. 

I hope these reviews and budget #s help anyone else out there obsessively reading and trying to plan from across the country like we were. Good luck to all! I will add the pics and room tour ASAP. 

Re: Married 3-14-16! Silver Sky Chapel, Vista Suite, Sauced, Retro Bakery

• This information is sooo helpful and definitely helping me with my own planning.  I've also been looking at Sauced for a catering and Mandalay Bay for the reception.  I look forward to seeing the pictures!
  • I attached a couple random shots from the suite and a couple screen shots I took from the photographer's website. Here is a youtube link for the suite walk through. The quality is awful, it was just a quick video to send to my husband. But it should give a general idea. :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8BeCmJDV6U

• @Knottie1445544555, these pictures look great!  And the video was helpful as well.  Did you have any issues with getting Sauced catering into the suite?  I've heard that Mandalay Bay doesn't care too much about this but better to check. 
  • Thanks for the info! Did you find Lee's Discount cheaper than Costco? I've never heard of the place before but we definitely want to get a good deal since we have a lot of drunks errrr drinkers ;) in our group. Were you able to return the excess bottles?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the Silver Sky Chapel review. My fiance and I love the look of the chapel and I've been in talks with Iliana as well. she's been great at answering my million of emails. We are heading to Vegas next week for our scouting tour where we will finally see the Silver Sky Chapel in person. If we love it as much in person as in pictures, we are ready to book for January 2017...this review has me excited that this will really be our ceremony venue. The pics look great. 
  • Thanks for the Silver Sky Chapel review. My fiance and I love the look of the chapel and I've been in talks with Iliana as well. she's been great at answering my million of emails. We are heading to Vegas next week for our scouting tour where we will finally see the Silver Sky Chapel in person. If we love it as much in person as in pictures, we are ready to book for January 2017...this review has me excited that this will really be our ceremony venue. The pics look great. 

We toured the Silver Sky in May. It's JUST like what you see in the photos. If we didn't decide on in-suite, this would have been our venue; it's very true-to-life!

@Knottie1445544555, your dress is ADORABLE! Congratulations! Also, thanks for sharing those videos. It is a huge help for newbies to the forums and those who are trying to make a decision!
  • edited March 2016
    Lee's Discount's prices were great. I'm not sure about the comparison with Costco as we don't have a membership, but I definitely felt like we got a good deal. 

Sauced had zero issues getting up to the suite. They were in and set up and gone in less than 10 minutes. 

Silver Sky was beautiful, and I am so glad we got married there. I can't say enough good things about the officiant and Iliana. And our flowers were GORGEOUS. I got far more than I expected for what I spent on the ceremony. 

Thanks for the comment on the dress, I got it on clearance on modcloth.com! So many beautiful dresses on that site.
  • Thanks for the comment on the dress, I got it on clearance on modcloth.com! So many beautiful dresses on that site.
    ModCloth was where I was planning on buying mine until I found mine at Value Village. (Seriously.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards