Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday!!

We took DefConn to get his 5 year check up and shots.  It was very dramatic.  :D  Poor kid did get 5 shots, so overall he did really well.  Of course, milked it for all it was worth.  

He woke up this morning and was all sluggish and "I'm so tired!"  As soon as we got to school and he saw one of his buds, he was all, "I got 5 shots yesterday!" Like he was expecting a high 5 or something.  He barely glanced my direction when I said bye.  

I am done with this week.  DH and I both have to work on Saturday.  Blerg. 

Re: Thursday!!

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I don't know why I find that about DefConn sofunny @mrs.conn23 but I do, I just giggled out loud. 

I'm leaving to take 15 college students to Charlotte for the weekend. Send me all the good vibes that no one gets arrested, injured, or expelled. 

ETA: finishing typing my sentence. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The zoo yesterday was OUT OF CONTROL.  They weren't expecting the crowds and a lot of exhibits were still closed.  We managed to have fun though.

We're going to ILs today.  There is crap about it, but I won't bore anyone.  I will say I laugh every time MIL goes on about how "we eat lunch so early."  Even DH was all WTF?  We eat 11:30-12:30 depending on what else is going on. Apparently anything before 1 is early.
  • Options

DD2 fell off her bike onto the bottom step of our deck stairs yesterday.  We took her for an xray and there was no sign of a break but they saw a fat pad elevation at her elbow, which indicates that SOMETHING happened, so they're treating her for an occult fracture.  It's hard-splinted right now and I'm taking her to the orthopedist for a cast in an hour.  This child is 4 and has had casts on both arms.

She is an absolute trooper though.  Both time she's hurt her arms, she barely complained about pain, she just refused to use them.

• Options
    My H's 92 year old grandmother has been living with us for about 3 years.  She is a mean, hateful person who has always been a lying liar. I have tried so hard to get past that and ignore her bad behavior. The last few weeks have been non-stop screaming and throwing herself in the floor and refusing to move.  After 2 - 911 calls we finally got some help last night and she was committed to a mental/behavior eval. place.  I just hope she allows herself to be helped, but we have had her there before so I just don't know.  I'm just tired, I stayed 9 hours at the emergency room Monday into tues at 2am, then several hours yesterday.  By the time I left yesterday their social service person was in there apologizing about her being sent home monday with no help, then her Dr. not taking me serious for 2 days.  I had a couple of paramedics and nurses that really helped finally and got it done.  Now I just want to sleep for 48 hours.Its just sad that somebody who is in remarkable health at her age can not just be happy.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Peg.  That sounds terribly draining.  :(  I hope she can get help. 
  • Options
    tawillers said:

DD2 fell off her bike onto the bottom step of our deck stairs yesterday.  We took her for an xray and there was no sign of a break but they saw a fat pad elevation at her elbow, which indicates that SOMETHING happened, so they're treating her for an occult fracture.  It's hard-splinted right now and I'm taking her to the orthopedist for a cast in an hour.  This child is 4 and has had casts on both arms.

She is an absolute trooper though.  Both time she's hurt her arms, she barely complained about pain, she just refused to use them.

Aww, poor DD2.  Lots of bone healing vibes for her. 

Awww...The long thread is gone.  I have a sad. :( 

I'm surprised that they deleted it.  Maybe it was easier than spending three hours trying to edit out all of Knottie#'s TOS violations, but still. I was expecting a lot of [Deleted User] and [removed for TOS violation].

The lid came off my coffee in the car.  On the interstate.  Good times.  I try to avoid picking it up by the lid, just on general principle and because DH doesn't always get them on 100%, but it's easy to do when it's in the cupholder.  Coffee everywhere.  Thank goodness for black pants.  I smell coffeelicious!
  • Options
    My husband swears he is going to clean today while I grade papers. We'll see.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Congrats, @thefanciestbeckler.  Old WW's saying, but "Keys on the Roof!" when you leave!  :smile: 

So, I've planned this day trip to KC on Saturday.  And I really want to go, but like...I want someone to do it for me.  I need to split myself in half and have one half that can be a lazy do-nothing on Saturday and the other half can go have fun being artsy-fartsy and taking pictures and stuffs.

Boo to the bad stuff on the board.  Especially @pegasuskat .  It's so hard to deal with the mental issues in the elderly.  My great grandmother was finally diagnosed as bipolar in her assisted care and got the help she needed.  

I'm so ready for this week to be over.  I think I've figured out what's wrong with me lately and it's my own damn fault.  I've been out of my iron supplement for...probably almost a month now.  I've got it sitting on the bathroom counter to repurchase, I've just forgotten.  Well, insomnia is back and the rest I do get doesn't feel like enough.  So, I'm going to grab some tonight after work and hopefully get myself back to normal.
  • Options

I'm wearing sandals to work for the first time this season. This is exciting for me.

Other than that I got nothin'.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I'm trying to decide when I will get the motivation to study.  I'm sending warm thoughts and hugs to all the shitty stuff happening.  

• Options
    My husband is napping. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    @AddieCake he's mentally and physically preparing to clean.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Loads of hugs to everyone who going through crappy stuff this week.

@pegasuskat that sounds horrible. I hope and pray she can get the help she needs and that you can get some rest!

• Options
    @AddieCake he's mentally and physically preparing to clean.
    He did say he is going to clean when he wakes up. 
  • Options

Deleted. :( Not much going on here other than work. I helped my mom paint at the Ronald McDonald house for a bit last night and she's got a ton more to do so I will probably go back tonight. Other than that, not much else. Hugs to everyone dealing with shit right now. 
  • Options
    FH and I went on an impromptu date last night to the gun range. It was fun and I wasn't as bad as I thought I would be. I have always been nervous around guns but I feel like I should at least have basic knowledge if they are going to be around. 

Today is boring, my house is a mess and slow days do little to get energy flowing to deal with that.
  • Options
    Keeping all of you going through tough times in my thoughts. 

Today is moving so slowly. I have an industry event tonight that I am looking forward to and 5pm just can't get here fast enough.

Super pumped that tomorrow is Friday. 
  • Options
    Peg, that has to wear you down for sure. I truly hope you are able to find some resources to assist you with her care.
  • Options
    Aw Peg, it's the worst when people don't take you seriously.  I was a teenager when my Grandmother started exhibiting signs of dementia, but because I was a kid no one took me seriously.  Years later when I was in college, suddenly I was a bad guy because she started cooking with the dish soap and no one knew.  I tried telling them!  I hope H's Gram gets the care she needs and deserves there!

I had some bright red highlights added on Monday.  It's my third go round, but the first two faded so fast we went with a bolder red and I haven't shampooed since them.  I typically skip one day, if that so I feel dirty.  Eeew!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am so sorry @pegasuskat

I just spent lunch with two people who spent the whole time discussing points.  "That dish is 63 points!  I've eaten it a few times."  It's an appetizer of wings, potato skins, mozzarella sticks that is meant to be shared.  Of course it's a bunch of points.

Then we bowled.  It was odd that more people cheered for MIL than for the kids.
  • Options
    FH and I went on an impromptu date last night to the gun range. It was fun and I wasn't as bad as I thought I would be. I have always been nervous around guns but I feel like I should at least have basic knowledge if they are going to be around. 

Today is boring, my house is a mess and slow days do little to get energy flowing to deal with that.
    Guns are much less scary when you get familiar with them... and are trained in how to properly and safely handle them.

On a related note, DH bought me a new gun this week (he says it's an early birthday present, but really, it's one he's been looking at for a while and he found it on sale for $100 cheaper than normal price).  I haven't had time to go try it out yet.  Hopefully this weekend.

Other life stuff... went to doctor yesterday and my primary care doc absolutely thinks my BC is making me crazy.  My gyno says BC is highly unlikely to be making me crazy.  I personally think BC is causing it, because symptoms started around same time as starting this BC, but I'll willing to check out other possible causes.  I've been having lots of foggy brain and anxiety attacks... not a good way to go through life. They are sending me for a sleep study, checking blood work to look for other causes, and gave me a B12 shot, so we will see what happens.  But, I'm stuck with a bunch of conflicting health issues that are limiting treatment options and no real help while they test possible theories, so it's frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards