Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Wording for back-home party

We are getting married in the state FI & I currently live in, but would like to host something for family in my home state who can't travel. My parents offered the use of their home, and we thought about having it in their huge yard in the summer (catered, tents rented, large garage open, fully hosted, etc). Should I note something about this on the STDs, or just spread the info via word of mouth or email? It will be mostly family who attend, and I will likely see all of them before we send STDs. My mom suggested calling it an "open house party," which is a term I hadn't heard of before. I just don't want people to NOT travel thinking we're doing something "equal" at home and then get disappointed.

Re: Wording for back-home party

• Options
    Thank you! That's kind of what I was thinking. It just seemed awkward no matter how I tried to word it on the STDs so I figured it was either not necessary or not technically correct. Also, it will be quite casual, so the idea of STDs seemed a bit over the top.
  • Options
    scribe95 said:
    My inlaws had a similar Open House for her daughter and new husband. But the key is it is separate from the wedding. Send the invites out after married with three to four weeks notice. 
    Thank you! Our wedding is early April, and we will have the open house late July. That should be plenty of time to send invites after the wedding but still giving people appropriate notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards