Monday is back

2»

Re: Monday is back

• jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016
    @futuremrshistorian Congrats!!

• Hi all!

@swazzle - DROOLING over all that food and drink!

@jenna8984 @minskat30 - Such gorgeous nurseries!

Also @jenna8984 - I secretly love when people cancel on me too, for the most part. I cancelled plans Sat night to fall asleep on the couch at 9:30 and it was so worth it.

@cocobellaf - Glad your BP is better, and those clothes are super cute!!

@pambeesly524 - This snow is bullshit. My office never closes and no one ever WFH on days like this, it's so annoying. Snow days are supposed to be the trade off for putting up with snow.

@caseface5 - Good for you for working out twice and bringing your own food to Wrestlemania!! You got this!

@untouchalbets - Awww you're such a good citizen!! Bandit is a doll! I hope his owners claim him soon.

@futurehmrshistorian - Congrats on getting accepted! What is the program?

Be back later for my own updates.
  • @futuremrshistorian  congrats :)

@jenna8984 remind me later to get the company, my mum has talked about doing decals when Matt and I have a kid :)
  • @minskat30 your nursery is BEAUTIFUL!
    @jenna8984 your woodland creature setup is awesome!!
    @beachyone15 I just ran on the treadmill because it was after work and i didn't have much more in me than that lol
  • @eilis1228 Dying at your DH's face in that picture lol.
  • @southernpeach89 I definitely laughed so hard I cried when @audrewuh put it on snapchat. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 - I NEED THAT PIZZA IN MY FACE RIGHT NOW. THE WHOLE THING. ALL OF IT. MINE.

• I'm super worried about this dog lol apparently someone came in asking for info about where to find her (I couldn't tell because of all the hair but the shelter told me Bandit is a she!) because she wants to adopt, but she's also rehoming her poodle mix because her daughter is allergic? But you want a husky? Ugh. I'm putting out feelers to find someone I know to adopt her because I don't trust that person at all!
  • @jenjen047 and @eilis1228 - It's basically a reading seminar called "Problems in the Study of Religion".  It's going to be at the University of Virginia.  I'll spend 3 weeks in Nerd Heaven, reading and discussing ideas with other scholars.  SO MUCH EXCITE SO NERDY YES!

@untouchablets - That sounds super shady to me.  If the poodle mix had serious behavior problems that she couldn't/wasn't willing to handle, that might be one thing.  But daughter's allergies...daughter is going to be allergic to any dog that sheds, I would assume.
  • @untouchablets  that does sound sketch :\
    *raises hand* I want to adopt the pup!! :(
  • @twodimes - Feel better Indy!!!!

@wink0erin - I'm glad you and BF were able to resolve things. It was probably a good call to discuss it the next day. I need to work on that.
  • Hey everyone! I can't believe it finally the week of the GTG and that it snowed this morning. Crazy. I actually found my carry on luggage last night and started packing...but will probably change my mind on a few things within the next few days. I leave immediately after school ends on Thursday. And I really cannot wait to fly in first class for the first time ever. Lots of firsts happening this week- first GTG...and it's going to be epic! 

I have to run to a meeting but I will be back in a little bit to chat and read about everyone's day/weekend.
  • @wink0erin - Glad you are already feeling more positive about the gym!!

@500days - Woah first class? Fancy!
  • @jenjen047 yes, I lucked out and it was cheaper by 5k points for first class. I will drink a couple glasses of bubbly and enjoy my beef filet with lobster mac and cheese...I really can't wait.

I will admit that I am starting to get a lil nervous/anxious about meeting everyone. It's not like I have low self esteem, but it's hard to anticipate how things are going to go especially when some girls know each other very well. BUT I know it's going to be awesome...I'm just overthinking it.
  • 500days said:
    @jenjen047 yes, I lucked out and it was cheaper by 5k points for first class. I will drink a couple glasses of bubbly and enjoy my beef filet with lobster mac and cheese...I really can't wait.

I will admit that I am starting to get a lil nervous/anxious about meeting everyone. It's not like I have low self esteem, but it's hard to anticipate how things are going to go especially when some girls know each other very well. BUT I know it's going to be awesome...I'm just overthinking it.
    All. Of. This.
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 I feel you! Part of it is also because I feel like I miss a lot on here during the day too. But, I'm all in baby. It's going to be fun!
  • Afternoon, all
    @minskat30 I am so overjoyed that the prints found a home in the nursery!!! I love what you've done!!! xoxo

We had a decent weekend. Saturday, Bean and I got up extra early to head to Dick's for new cleats and shin guards, and I ended up finding some comfy walking shoes so that I can keep walking with the other mom's during practice. We typically walk between 2.5-3.5 miles depending on the length of practice. I had a doc appt this morning, and I've dropped over 5 lbs since my last check up at the doctor. I was feeling super stoked about that. 

Sunday, Bean had his first game of the spring season. They moved up a division, so we knew it was gonna be a tough start. The boys lost 5-0 which they took really hard since they never allowed more than 2 GAs in any game last season. On our way home, not half a mile from the house, some punk teenager pulled out (making a right hand turn), into my lane when I was already in the middle of the intersection. I really don't know how we didn't all die, but by some great miracle, I was able to swerve into the left lane without running off the road. I wanted to yank him out of his car at the next light and knock some sense into him. He seriously almost killed 5 people. I was going 50-55 mph! 

Tonight, Bean and I start grief therapy. This is supposed to be really more for Bean, but I have been struggling incredibly hard, especially the last couple of weeks. I spend most of my days talking myself through making each next step, literally. I have this overwhelming feeling of just wanting to give up, and then the desperate need for someone to talk to, someone to cry to. It's strange how grief works, creeping back in on you when you think you're doing pretty well and making progress. If possible, I might be feeling worse today, than the day mom died. It's hard seeing friends and family have fun and go on with their lives, when you struggle to take each breath. I said to another soccer mom who lost her mom, "I never knew that pain like this existed. Its hard to comprehend it, myself." Ugh...anyhow, sorry for unloading that on all of you. I've distanced myself as I've been feeling this way, because I don't want to burden anyone. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Big hugs @beanbot2002.  I'm so glad you're going to grief therapy.  You are not a burden to any of us... come here and talk away.  We love you!
  • Aww hugs @beanbot2002 I can't imagine what that must feel like. I hope that this therapy helps you both and gives you some peace. 
  • @beanbot2002  *big hugs* I somewhat know how you feel, I lost my dad suddenly 2yrs ago. It's not easy. Good for you for seeking grief counselling though! Hopefully it works for you and Bean :)<3
  • @beanbot2002 So many hugs <3 I hope the therapy is helpful.
    friends tv show funy
  • @beanbot2002 - So sorry you're feeling that way. I hope talking it out will help you, and you can always vent here anytime! Everyone here is going through something and we are all here to help each other! <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @beanbot2002 - ALL the hugs. I love you <3

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2016
    I'm still swamped and can't post too much right now but I did want to say I  <3 you @beanbot2002 - I understand how grief can sneak up on you when you think you've gotten your life back to some sense of normal and I'm here for you anytime you want to talk or vent.  I'm glad you guys are doing grief counseling.  I waited to do counseling when my grandmother who did the bulk of raising me passed and suppressing all that emotion for years took its toll in more ways than one.  Hugs to you....any support you need, please know you can find it here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards